Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Nov 23, 2004, 2:11 PM   #11

Hey Tsoprano, Whats the text printing speed of the i965?
hithesh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2004, 5:14 AM   #12

Hi hithesh123,

Well, I haven't actually plugged in my printer yet as I am clearing some space to put it in.....not an easy task when your room is 9ft square and already has a 32 inch widescreen TV, computer, weighttraining equipment, bars, bed, wardrobe, the au-pair....oops, shouldn't have said that .

However I can quote you the specifications for the i965 which are:

mono speed: up to 10ppm (max),4.3 ppm (std)

text and graphics: up to 10 ppm (max), 3.8 ppm (std); A4 full page up to 1.7 ppm

photo print speed: A4 up to .99 ppm ; 4"x6" 21 seconds.

This printer is fast :ak47:.

When I get everything in place I can qualify these figures but the fact is that most reviewers are amazed with it's speed. Hope this helps :bye:,

Tonys.

TSoprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2004, 11:47 AM   #13

I ordered the iP4000 last week – should be in today. Cnet compared the two and liked the photo prints from the 4000 better than the 5000, although I don't put much faith in their reviews. Toms didn't find much difference. The 4000 is faster at most tasks. Cnet says the 5000 is superior at plain paper graphics. I have a wide format photo printer, so the 4000 is mainly to replace my old HP general-purpose printer that threw a few plastic parts recently.

I've decided to bite the bullet and get an Epson 4780. I have boxes of old 35mm film and slides to scan, and like the digital ice and large number of images it can scan. I have a dedicated film scanner, but feeding all of my images through it would take years. The 4780 isn't up to a good film scanner, but it is pretty good. If you aren't planning to scan film you can't go wrong with just about any decent scanner.

I don't much care for the slim scanners with CIS sensors. They have no depth of field and are slow. Canon is the only company getting even decent quality from CIS, but they still aren't up to CCD.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote