Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 20, 2002, 6:20 PM   #1

Default What is the best inkjet printer

Simply put, what is the best inkjet printer and which model HP, Canon or Epson?
barrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 21, 2002, 6:44 AM   #2

What are your criteria for determining which is best: price, photo print quality, text print quality, speed, print longevity, running costs, reliability, maximum print size, flexibility, ease of use..........................?

Chris
Chris R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2002, 3:29 PM   #3

The best is when you are pleased with the results. I like HP, others will like Cannon or Epson. I receive excellent results from my HP5550.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2002, 7:13 PM   #4

Default hey!

used to like HP when inkjets first came out...now I HATE them...wouldn't consider buying another one.

EPSONs seem to have the smallest physical dot. EPSONs are great...but Canons have proven better and have a much lower running cost..and really like the fact that u can buy a new inkjet head unit off the shelf if tghey should ever become permanantly clogged. Epsons have to be repaired...or cheaper yet..buy another one!

Serioulsy cjheck out teh canons...they are fast, reliable, low running cost...and VERY good print quality...even in a fast mode. Canon has come a long way with their inkjets.
DigitalArtist71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2002, 9:40 AM   #5

The quality of inkjet and photo printers are truly exceptional. Cannon, Epson, HP and Lexmark have all brought the inkjet printer in to a new level of excellence. The true driver for better printers is the digital camera boom. Digicam dudes want to print their own pictures and want great results. Try out the various printers at your local reseller (Office Depot, Circuit City, Office Max, etc) and then decide for yourself. Check out a friends printer.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote