Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Nov 15, 2004, 11:57 AM   #1

Has anyonre used this printer??Are there any reports out?? Isn't this the same as the 9900 only smaller. Has the red problen been worked out?? Jim
jamey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 16, 2004, 9:36 PM   #2

http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/int...500/page_1.htm
sc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2004, 7:20 PM   #3

thanks for your help I have read the review. Today Steve has posted his review!! YEA!!!!!!!Jim
jamey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2004, 11:17 PM   #4

After doing quite a bit of research, I was stuck between the HP8450 and the Pixma 8500. There was not much out there as of yet in terms of reviews for the 8500. I finally went for the 8500 and after looking at my first few prints I must say I am totally satisfied with my choice. The pictures simply jump to life....
I was tempted to go for the HP, but its size and clumsy design were turnoffs for me, as well as the fact that it did not have individual ink tanks. For me this weighed more than its superior abiliity to print in black and white (which I would love to experiment with) though it was still a difficult choice. As for the problems with the red mentioned in the review, either they have corrected it, or it is very difficult detect, but in other words I simply do not see it. The photo quality (and speed) is simply awesome.
Why they do not include a USB cable with a $300+ printer totally beats me, but this is not a factor in deciding whether or not to get one.
tayos is offline   Reply With Quote