Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Nov 17, 2004, 1:36 PM   #1

Guys, I am about to put a bullet to my head...... not sure what good a bullet on my head will do.. kinda like a horse with a gunshot wound..... But these actions are greatly consistant with my overthinking of everything.

anyway, Here are my conclusions, and could someone please act like my mom and just tell me which one to get!!!!!!

I will be printing pics from my Canon S50

PIXMA ip5000 -I guess it has cheaper consumables...doesnt do paper rolls like Epson.

Epson 300R - Hmmm.. supposedly had the best quality print... longest life print.. does CDs.... has roll paper for panoramic shots.... maybe a bit more expensive consumables.

HP 7960 - Not sure if this is still in the running as it hasnt gotten good marks in these fourms.......

I guess my hesitation with the epson is the possibility of track marks from the pin-wheels... is this a valid concern? if so that gives Canon the edge. Canon has gotten good comments in these forums but doesnt print panoramic shots like the epson.

Your assistance/direction is greatly appreciated.
Mr. Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 17, 2004, 6:58 PM   #2

Mr. Baloo wrote:
Quote:
Guys, I am about to put a bullet to my head...... not sure what good a bullet on my head will do.. kinda like a horse with a gunshot wound..... But these actions are greatly consistant with my overthinking of everything.

anyway, Here are my conclusions, and could someone please act like my mom and just tell me which one to get!!!!!!

I will be printing pics from my Canon S50

PIXMA ip5000 -I guess it has cheaper consumables...doesnt do paper rolls like Epson.

Epson 300R - Hmmm.. supposedly had the best quality print... longest life print.. does CDs.... has roll paper for panoramic shots.... maybe a bit more expensive consumables.

HP 7960 - Not sure if this is still in the running as it hasnt gotten good marks in these fourms.......

I guess my hesitation with the epson is the possibility of track marks from the pin-wheels... is this a valid concern? if so that gives Canon the edge. Canon has gotten good comments in these forums but doesnt print panoramic shots like the epson.

Your assistance/direction is greatly appreciated.
Paper rolls are rather overrated. If it's from a roll, you better want to frame it, because it's gonna come out curled. DAMHIKT

I can't say much about any of these, as I purchased the Epson R800. However, if you want to print CDs, the R300 is the only one among those you listed. My R800 doesn't leave track marks, but it's not an R300. It also has the pigment inks. The HP printers do the best black and white, and they are easy to share on a network. My HP1220C is connected to our USB print server because the Epson is not supported on a print server.That means my wife has to turn my computer on to access the Epson. I can't say anything about Canon on a print server. Never had one to try.

If you are a B/W fanatic, HP does that best of all the inkjets, though I'd check the reviews on the particular model your looking at.

If you want speed, Canon is the clear winner. I wanted features over speed, so I went with the Epson.

Cheers,

Eric
erichlund is offline   Reply With Quote