Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Nov 22, 2004, 6:11 PM   #1

Hi everybody

I have this fab printer (europe model with CD DVD Printing enabled) but I cannot print the whole dvd surface because Canon CD DVD Printing software does not allow to print the inner circle, I am going mad to find a third party software to solve this annoying problem. Most of my printable dvds are full surface printable but appearently canon ignores of their existence and let print only until the external border of the plastic ring.

I wait for any other experience on this matter....

cheers
arrarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 23, 2004, 3:50 AM   #2

That's what i read about printing CD surface:

In Canon's CD-Label Print software:

1.Increaseexternal diameter to 118 anddicrease internal diameter. Make it 2 mm (about) smaller.
crBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2004, 7:32 AM   #3

NO! thanx for your help but I already did it! You can extend external diamter to 118mm (and it has to be done to obtain a perfect print) but internal diameter starts from 43 mm and can be reduced to just 33mm even if the software says it can be stretched to 17 mm (should be 21 mm to be perfect)

cheers
Old Nov 24, 2004, 8:08 AM   #4

That's what i read in Internet I'll go to the store to pick up my iP5000 today-tomorrow. If I'll figure out the way to print the whole surface, I'll post here...
crBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2004, 12:16 PM   #5

can I see how good the prints look?
Azzkikr1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2004, 1:06 PM   #6

Hi :-)

You can set both diameters anywhere you want, just click on the Select Paper Icon (under Position) and make a new template.

I use 118mm & 22mm for full face printing, works perfectly. The print quality is very good and disks arealmost dry to the touch straight from the printer.
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2004, 3:46 PM   #7

Thank you! GREAT!
Old Jan 10, 2005, 6:19 AM   #8

I also have just purchased this printer, but have a problem when printing to a CD/DVD surface.

Whatever is coloured black in the label I want to print, comes out blue on the disc surface (I use Datawrite Inkjet Printable DVDs).

What am I doing wrong....do I need to adjust the settings somehow? I use the CD Label printing software that was included to print the labels.

Nigel.
theyiddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 3:00 AM   #9
xB^

phaedra1106 wrote:
Quote:
Hi :-)

You can set both diameters anywhere you want, just click on the Select Paper Icon (under Position) and make a new template.

I use 118mm & 22mm for full face printing, works perfectly. The print quality is very good and disks arealmost dry to the touch straight from the printer.
Hi. I have the Pixma ip6000d Europe version. I use Verbatim Full-face discs.. but they're sized innerdiameter 21 mm (which is okey.. minimum is 17 on the pixma) and outer diameter is 119 mm .. but the pixma program only alows max 118 mm print.. so if i wanna print a nice full colored label , it still leaves a 1 mm white stripe around the outer edge, is there any possible other software i can use to fix this ? This annoys me a LOT .. if i print a black graphiced label, it just looks strange with a white line at the edge

Can anyone help me out ? please send me a pm or reply here if so , would be greatly apreciated !
xB^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2005, 7:52 AM   #10

Xb

Already found an answer on your problem ?
knights191 is offline   Reply With Quote