Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 23, 2002, 9:18 AM   #1

Default HP Photosmart cameras with HP 7150?

I have been looking into purchasing a digicam + printer combination for my sister-in-law (and her husband) for Christmas. They are technically illiterate, but like the idea of digital photography (they saw what I do with my Coolpix 990).

While I'm sure eventually they will figure out how to use a photo manipulation app, I'm positive that initially *every* photo they print will be exactly as the camera took it. For these two, I really like the idea of the "plug camera into the printer" idea: it seems to remove a lot of the idiot factor from the equation :-)

The price of the HP 7150 is very attractive. The literature from HP's website (http://www.hp.ca/products/static/q16...html?OID=-9476) states that you can direct-print from "select HP digital cameras". The cameras section of the site never actually tells me *which* camera(s) has this ability. My local photo retail chain in Toronto (http://www.henrys.com) has a claim that the 812 is compatible, but this camera is too expensive for us.

Can anyone confirm which cameras currently for sale will do a direct print to a HP 7150? Can you link to a manufacturer's website or a reputable review site that can verify this? Thank you in advance.

Darren Best
darrenbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 23, 2002, 11:24 AM   #2

You can direct connect to the 7150 via a front usb port from a direct HP direct print digicam. The 7350 has a media card slots that you can insert your media and print from the media. The 7350 is $50 more than the 7150 but gives you the opportunity to purchase cameras other than HP.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2002, 3:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsonpd3620
You can direct connect to the 7150 via a front usb port from a direct HP direct print digicam. The 7350 has a media card slots that you can insert your media and print from the media. The 7350 is $50 more than the 7150 but gives you the opportunity to purchase cameras other than HP.
I realize this, but here in Canada the 7350 is over $150 more to buy.

My question was regarding the 7150, and what digicam models are *specifically* supported by this printer. As I said in my post, HP's web site is very coy on naming models, mentioning only that "select" cameras will work. Which ones?!?
darrenbest is offline   Reply With Quote