Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Nov 29, 2004, 11:45 PM   #1

I am considering buying an ip5000, but I will be doing quite a lot of printing on plain paper and card stock. My current printer is a Canon s750. Will the difference be substantial enough to make the investment??

Thank you, Glenn
gfausel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 2, 2004, 1:23 AM   #2

Glenn, you will be better off with the canon ip4000. I just got one today. I upgraded from canon i850. The speed is pretty much the same for plain paper printing prolly 10% more than i850.

There is a noticable difference in the text output even at draft mode. I always print in draft mode.

The ip4000 is $50 less than the ip5000. Read the review in the printer review section and make your decision.
hithesh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2004, 1:45 AM   #3

Having had the Canon S630, S800, S950 and now the pixma IP5000 I would like to say if you can go for the IP5000, go for it, because the photo quality is even better than that of the IP4000.

Also printing on normal paper it can look better when printing both in high quality.

That being said, the IP4000 is still defintively a great printer

- Raist

PS: Yes, the difference between the S750 and this would be substantial as the S750 if I remember correctly uses 4 color picoliters....
raist3d is offline   Reply With Quote