Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 2, 2004, 2:06 AM   #1

I got my ip4000 printer today. My report was due at 3.30, I got the printer at 2pm. For some reason I had made up my mind to print the report from my new printer come what may. Thankfully the Fedex lady delivered it on time.

I upgraded from the i850. The plain paper printing is awesome. There is noticable difference even in the draft mode. So my first thoughts were, "I am glad I bought this baby". The plain paper speed is similar to i850 (prolly 10% faster). The duplex printing is cool! I don't have to get up and flip the papers now. It takes some time to take the paper back in and print on the other side.

The dual paper tray is an excellent idea. You can save a lot oftime. If you print text and photos, with the click of a button you can switch between the bottom and the top tray. provided you have papers loaded.

Now, coming to the final frontier - photo printing. I Loaded a 4x6 and gave the print command. It popped out a photo in about 35secs, just as rated. The photo came out alright but there were vertical streaks on the paper. I don't know if this happens because the printer is new or for other reason. These are because of the rollers and not the inkjet nozzles.

Thinking it was my mistake, I tried printing the same photo from the bottom paper tray. Same result. Beautiful photos, accurate colorsbut I hate the streaks.

With the 850, I had wasted a lot of paper and ink trying to match the print to my monitor. I guess with 4 inks, I can't blame my faithful 850. The colors from the ip4000 match my monitor colors accurately(upto 90%).

Let me know if you guys can help me with the 'streaking'!(no pun intended):-)

hithesh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 2, 2004, 4:30 PM   #2

I had the same issue. It turned out the paper selection on the printer was set to plain paper not photo paper. When I corrected this selection error the prints were great. The photo quality is fantastic! Much better than the Epson 780 photo printer I bought several years ago and a lot quieter too.
kmr777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2004, 4:44 PM   #3

If you are using Canon paper and the paper selection is correct, run the nozzle check under the maintenance tab.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote