Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 25, 2004, 12:59 PM   #1

Hi,

I'm really stuck here! I'm after a new photo printer (wont need it for text as I have an old multifunctiont that will do that). It has to print on DVD's - thats a must. Second priority is print quality but Im confused - I looked at the canons and it seems you have to choose between high resolution (the i5000) or more colours (the 6000). However, I quite like the epson r300 and am wondering how much better the prints will be if I spend another £100? I can get the r300 for about £100 - is it worth saving for say an r800 or a canon 6000? When I do print I'll be printing large prints of high quality scans or digital camera pics.

Please help!

Cheers

Scott
onetimeharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 27, 2004, 12:58 PM   #2

I've had my R300 since August, and for printing photos, I can't see when I would ever want to upgrade further !! As you are talking in Pounds, Shillings and pence, you will probably be aware you could now get an R800 for around £208.00. Which is more than twice the price of an R300 from comet online. £85.00 including vat & del.

http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/q...one=eCometZone

I bought the package with the extra set of inks etc. When you consider that they would cost at least £66.00 in the U.K. well worth it, I thought. ( a bonus for me was that the usb cable wasn't in the box, and asI didn't need one anyway, they refunded me the full cost of that, and still allowed the package price equivalent.)

I've seen that other owners are using compatible inks and seem to be doing okay, I just prefer to use oem to ensure quality at all times.

I am very happy with A4 prints from my Dimage A2 and can highly recommend the R300. Haven't tried the dvd printing, just don't run them under the tap or hold them at arms length in the rain, as some peopleare obsessed with doing this, or so it seems with their never ending quest for waterproof ink & media ?!!?? Personally I prefer to just put them in my optical drives or a plastic case.

That's not to say you shouldn't consider alternatives, I'm just very happy with the results I get from the R300, or have I already said that ?

Regards,

Stevekin.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote