Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 4, 2005, 9:08 PM   #1

I just purchased the EPSON R300 printer and need some information. As this is my first printer with media slots I would like to know if it's ok to click on Eject under the Removable Disk icon in My Computer before taking out the memory card. I know it's recommended to use the Safely Remove Hardware in the tray but that unloads the mass storage drivers and if I want to insert another memory card I would need to restart the printer so it loads them up again.

Also I just printed my first 4x6 borderless picture and noticed that the printer prints a small amount beyond the paper onto the foam. Is this normal with borderless printing? I'm guessing that's what the foam is for but want to be clear. I've attached an image to what I'm talking about.
Attached Images

FusionXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2005, 2:20 PM   #2

Someone must of printed a borderless pic my now. Anyone, please?
FusionXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 11:44 AM   #3

I have had the R300 for a year now. I checked the foam and it does have ink on it. I assume you are correct as I print all my 4x6s borderless. Also, after the media card downloads the pics, I make sure the media light indicator is off and just simply remove the card from the slot. I have had no problem with the media card, printer, or pic software. The instruction booklet states to make sure the media light is off. Reference page 19 & 20.
harr840 is offline   Reply With Quote