Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Nov 19, 2002, 7:06 PM   #11

Default S9000 problems with MACs

I bought the S9000 and the print quality is terrible. The pictures do not match the screen and the colors are muted, not brilliant. i have spent hours with the tech support people and all they say is I must have a bad printer. Now to fight with COMPUSA to avoid restocking fees. Has anyone else had problems with the S9000 and yes, I checked all the drivers, updated to 10.2.2, matched color sync, etc.
Lenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2002, 7:39 AM   #12

Default Re: S9000 problems with MACs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenow
I bought the S9000 and the print quality is terrible. The pictures do not match the screen and the colors are muted, not brilliant. i have spent hours with the tech support people and all they say is I must have a bad printer. Now to fight with COMPUSA to avoid restocking fees. Has anyone else had problems with the S9000 and yes, I checked all the drivers, updated to 10.2.2, matched color sync, etc.
sad to hear that, but mine is working perfectly.

never imagined i can get such print quality and speed, i really like my S9000 specially using the photo paper PR101.

if u can try to test the printer on another computer to make sure that the printer is the bad part and not something else
blue_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2002, 2:46 AM   #13

Default Re: Chosing a printer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsandman1
Pbess,

Originally, I had my heart set on the Epson 2000 and then the Epson 2200. So I went to a retail store and had side by side comparisons made against the Canon S9000. I chose the S9000. I found it to be nearly 4 times faster than the Epson printers with the same print quality. I also found that the pigment inks didn't work as well on high gloss papers and the colors were somewhat muted when compared to the Canon. I found grayscale prints to be better with the Canon S9000 (Steve's review found the Epson to be the better Grayscale printer). I did like the Epson 2200's ability to print roll media and it's sheet cutter capabilities.

I don't think you can go wrong with the choices Steve presents. Go try before you buy.

Bill
I've seen both side by side. You need to make sure and use photo black when you do photo paper on the epson. But the details come out sharper on teh epson in my experience. The canon does print faster. Yes the epson does an incredible job with grayscale. Also dont forget with the canon you can only do borderless on 4x6 and letter size prints with the epson you can do 4x6,5x7,8x10,letter,11x17,13x19 Also if you use the roll 4x44,5x44,10.3x44,13x44 I think the epson shows its true abilities as a photo printer in its ability to print numerous sizes and print broadly massive details and golor gamuts with no visible dots. I can still see them a little on the canon. I think its because canon uses a tv type mthod of laying down dots as epson uses a diffusion type method which makes for smoother tones shades and distances.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote