Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 8, 2005, 1:30 PM   #1

I'm trying to use Prism Profile to profile my 4000. Does anyone know how to turn off any default profiling? Is it only a matter of clicking manual under color management on the printing preferences page? Does anything else need to be done. What about the things under the color management tab and the profiles tab. Also when using Qimage does any seetings in there overide the default printer settings?Thanks.

Also is there anyone here that uses this combination?

Epson 1670 scanner

Canon Pixma 4000

Vuescan and Qimage

I'd be interested in swapping some profiles and learning what settings you use on Vuescan.
str1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 9, 2005, 1:12 PM   #2

Dear Strider,

In your print application, click on Printers. (Obviously, the IP4000.) In addition to selecting 'Manual' on the Main page, click on Manual and select 'none' under 'Print Type.' Thisallows the custom profile you've selected inyour print application to govern. Otherwise you run the risk of additive (thus presumably erroneous) profiling.

I'm not a guru, but this procedure has produced good-looking results for me.

When I first set upmy IP4000, I selected Adobe 1998 RGB asthe default color space. I shoot all my exposures, and do all my editing, in Adobe 1998 RGB. This keepsthings simple, as I don't have to remember to convert at any point along the way.

Print quality issues may arise where your printer's color spaceis set, for example, tosRGB, but you're sending it files in anothercolor space such asAdobe 1998 RGB.

I hope this description of my experience is of some help.
Bassclef29 is offline   Reply With Quote