Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 13, 2005, 10:41 PM   #1

Hi all,

I finally went and bought an IP5000 and was following the installation manual, when i reached the part where they said to install the printing head. When i opened the packaging, blue ink stained my fingers and i found the same ink covering a number of the electrical contacts. Should i go and ask for a new printing head, or is this normal?

Clem :?
Attached Images

clem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2005, 2:09 AM   #2

If the head was still sealed in its foil bag, then it is normal for the nozzles to have some fluid on them. I'm not sure if it is ink or some other stuff that Canon use to test that the head works before packaging. It probably isn't normal for the electrical contacts to be covered in fluid. I would wipe contacts (but NOT the nozzles) carefully with clean cloth before fitting head into carrier.
Paul_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 3:12 PM   #3

hi clem
re ink on heads - I think its normal and when they do a qualiy control check, I think if you go to Photo-i review or was it on Steves reviewI'm not sure now. You'll see that one of them had the same thing and when Canon was contacted said it was normal, pretty sure it was on Photo-i I saw it.
Cheers
Dave
PS: be glad to hear what you think about it as I shall be getting one shortly.
davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 3:14 PM   #4

hi clem
re ink on heads - I think its normal and when they do a qualiy control check, I think if you go to Photo-i review or was it on Steves reviewI'm not sure now. You'll see that one of them had the same thing and when Canon was contacted said it was normal, pretty sure it was on Photo-i I saw it.
Cheers
Dave
PS: be glad to hear what you think about it as I shall be getting one shortly.
davy is offline   Reply With Quote