Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 17, 2005, 5:47 AM   #1

Hi, i have the Canon IP5000. Its been great except that i realised that the colours being printed is not the same as the colours on my monitor. There seems to be a colour shift towards orange/yellow. Can anyone help me with this?

Are they any settings that i can change either on the monitor or printer? hopefully someone with an IP5000 has already solved this problem. I am running a dell inspiron 8600 laptop with Windows XP home. Thanx

clem
clem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2005, 8:44 AM   #2

It's neither the monitor nor the printer, it's to do with colour management in the application you're using I should think.

Disable colour management and try that. Or use an application that isn't colour managed. Which program are you using?
pbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 10:22 AM   #3

i first used easy photo print and then i tried photoshop after reading some of the other posts here. what i've done is reduced yellow, so i'm still tweaking the colours.

I was just hoping that someone out there has already figured out the best combination. Mine has the yellowish tinge to the photos =)

clem
Old Jan 17, 2005, 4:39 PM   #4

Like I said before, it's colour management that's causing it. Open Photoshop and do this (assuming you're using version CS)-

Click Edit then Color Settings

Under Settings choose Color Mangement Off

Make sure Profile Mismatches Ask When Opening is not ticked

Or/and when you choose print (choose Print With Preview) and the options appear, under Print Space Profile you can either choose Same As Source, or Printer Color Management. They should give the same result but try both as an experiment.

And that should be it, let me know how you get on.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 10:52 PM   #5

I am having the same problem with my IP5000. Using an old Photoshop (5.5) so there may be no help there, butI am also using Wordperfect 8.0. Any suggestions??

Thank you,

Glenn Fausel

gfausel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2005, 12:57 AM   #6

Yes, disable colour management. You'll find it in Photoshop's preferences.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 6:16 AM   #7

i've turned off the colour management, but at the end of it all, i think my pictures look nice enough with the normal settings, so i'll tweak it slowly as i go along. Thanx pbar

Now i think the one that works for me is to:

1)turn color management OFF which is found in Photoshop 6 by pressing Shft+Ctrl+K

2)Go to printer preferences and changing Color Adjustment to MANUAL with Magenta +6 and yellow -29. ICM is NOT enabled.

So far this has worked the best.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 12:40 AM   #8

No worries. I always have colour management turned off, this gives a far better chance of your printed output matching what you see on screen. And the Canon IP4000 is pretty good at that, with lots of printer settings & tweaks to play with to.