Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 19, 2005, 12:35 PM   #1

I am currently looking for a cd/dvd printer, i don't really like what i find out about the epson, and not made up my mind about the canon 5000, post about getting it to print.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I would like to know if anyone uses a :?

Primera Signature Z1
for printing on cd. If so what do they think, and could some one post a picture that they have done?

thanks

gean

gean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 20, 2005, 9:35 AM   #2

hi gean
no response so I will take another plunge, guess you could look at Steves review also a good review with comparisons is the photo-i review. The Epson r300 for example is only a photo printer, the Canon's up to ip5000 series are all rounders and inks alot cheaper to boot - meaning they do text as well, they have 2 black tanks, one a pigment and the other a dyem the ip6000 onwards are photo printers only and only have a photo black tank (plus the coloured ones of course).

Guess you can say I'm no friend of Epson anymore (read the woe of Epson - C62) and you will see why. Be aware that some of the 6 coloured printers seem to use the middle colour's up the most and this MAY include Canon's 6 tank printers, (please note MAY is the operative word, but fear not, the inks a alot cheaper and indeed last longer.

I myself would not trust another Epson and about to replace my C62 with a ip5000.. Ive read the the ip3000 onwards are just as good as a 6 colour printer and Canons don't clog as much.

David
davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 1:28 PM   #3

I just got my canon IP5000 Hong Kong edition printer. The CD/DVDs look very nice printed by the IP5000
Azzkikr1337 is offline   Reply With Quote