Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Mar 10, 2005, 5:30 PM   #11

Steve..Thank u for your help.ALAS I have tried and triiiiieeeedd.Nothing works..!!I am now waiting for an HP representative to call . Scott from Steves has tried to set it up. Believe me I Will post anything HP tells me..JIM
jamey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2005, 9:38 AM   #12

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!An intelligent being from HP. Listened to all my problems..then said I can't help you////BUT I will have someone contact you. That has happened, The frustration has gone....HP does have a person that knows what is going on. The printer is an absolute winner. It even produces very nice 8x10 in the "normal mode" A much faster opertation/. I THANK Scott from Steves Dig. What a terrific help you have been. It is too bad that a giant like HP needs to be prodded by higher up the ladder types..Too bad that the tech reps are Not up to date. Enough HP bashing..Thank You Scott..Thank you Mary..

Jim Cole
jamey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2005, 4:53 AM   #13

Hi Jamey, what was the solution to your problem?
andie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2005, 3:01 PM   #14
Super Moderator

if you bring up the image zone software or whatever it is called.. so in pse3.. print>page setup>printer brings up the hp printer software.. if you go to the basics tab.. click on the advanced button.. there will be an overspray box that lets you choose the amount of overspray.. i find that less works quite well.. least sometimes leaves white slivers on edges..
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 5:15 PM   #15

Finally--Here is HP's response:

"We have discussed your printer and printing pictures where parts of the picture may get cropped off. At that time I tried find a way to resolve that, but it did not appear to be something there was a "fix" for. According to the engineers, the printer is working as designed, and this will occur if the original picture is not a true 4X6 ratio
picture. When "borderless" is selected, the printer (and it's software) will make the picture as big as it can to fill the whole page, this may crop what does not fit. Only if the picture is manually cropped will the entire picture fit." (read below--does not work)

As you can see, there IS a FLAW in the software and there is "NO FIX". I tried cropping pics to 4x6, etc. Same thing happened. There is no error when you print directly through the printer via the slots, but the quality is not as good and you cannot print grayscale.
ccpcman is offline   Reply With Quote