Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 19, 2005, 1:51 PM   #1

When using the borderless function on the 8450 I have noticed that the driver cuts off the top or bottom of a photo and leaves the other end uncropped. Centering is impossible. I called HP and they have no solution. If the photo is cropped to 4x6, 5x7 or 8.5x11 and saved in that size, there is no way to get it to print correctly. The only way is to leave photo larger and adjust to my liking. Anyone else notice this problem?
ccpcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2005, 10:20 AM   #2

Hi..sorry I can not help with this, But maybe you can help me???I want to Change default to 8x10 and HP paper. Can you tell me how???Jim

jamey15@socal.rr.com
jamey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2005, 9:55 AM   #3

Hi..Can anyone on this site tell me how to change default printing to my specs on the HP 8450?? Jim
Old Mar 7, 2005, 5:44 AM   #4

Jamey15 - I don't know if this is the answer to your question, but on my printerschanges to the "Preferences" settings made from within a printing program are only temporary and are used for justthat print request.My default settings are changed byaccessing the preferences from "Start/Control Panel/Printers and Faxes". Right click on the printer that you want to change, select "Printing Preferences" and makethe desiredchanges. This works on my three printers (2xHP, 1xCanon).
grandad35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2005, 4:45 PM   #5

Hi Grand dad and Thank you..After about 9 tech reps at HP in Canada. I was lucky enough to talk to the A dvanced S ervice G roup. Verrrrry polite ( India) But Not any better than the regular group. I tried what you suggested. It Will Not stay and is for that printout only. I love the 8450 BUT!!!!would be nice to know how to operate. Scotty from Steves Gigicams was kind enough to relay MY problem to hp been 5 days ...NO answer YET..Jim
Old Mar 10, 2005, 5:20 AM   #6

Jamey15, is there not a facility to save your settings ?

I know mine is an Epson, but I can do that with my R300. I can savenumerous settings in a user profile then I don't have to switch paper size, print size, profiles etc, I just click the one I want. Have a dig around your printer preferences.

It would appear that the default maybe can't be changed, but it seems you could save your preferred settings. Have a look at Steve's review of your printer, this links to the driver info, http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_...p8450_pg2.html

Sorry if this is not exactly what you hoped for.

Good luck,

Stevekin.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 5:27 AM   #7

ccpcman, I notice you posted sometime ago and you may have it sorted now, butare you using HP paper with the perforated strip one end ? This strip is for handling without touching the print until it dries. You could perhaps try turning it round the other way, you never know.

Stevekin.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 7:03 AM   #8

It has nothing to do with the paper. If you check the preview in Image Zone (HP's software) the cropping error can be seen there. By the way, it happens with 5x7 and 8.5x11 also. It also happens when printing directly from the printer. I have been in contact with HP and they have sent the problem up the line to the advanced tech guys. It seems to cut the leading edge not only in the actual print, but also in the preview. The tabbed paper made no difference. And, there is no tabbed 5x7 or 8.5x11. So the problem has not yet been solved.
ccpcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 9:58 AM   #9

Fingers crossed for you. Bit of a bummer having that problem so long, must be frustrating :roll:.

I presume you have tried reinstalling the drivers or downloading the latest (if there are any) drivers ?Seeing it in the preview suggests it is software based.

Good luck,

Stevekin.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 10:23 AM   #10

This is the latest from Steve's Tech corner; might shed some light.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/techc...arch_2005.html

TG
Trout Guy is offline   Reply With Quote