Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 22, 2005, 11:58 PM   #1

Hi there, I'm using a Canon IP5000 to print CD/DVDs and have run into a problem. The colors on the disc(auto color adjustment)doesn't seem saturated enough. It's like a whitetransparent sheet covering the entire label of the colored disk. Is there a way to increase the colors on the disk? I tried to manually adjust the colors in the software by setting the "intensity" to 25, but that only darkened the dark areas to almost black, and the light areas still seemed washed out. Are there settings where I can darken the entire thing other than the method I used? FYI, I was printing with Adobe Photoshop, andthenI wentto canon software and set the adjust color to "auto" (manual don't work correctly). The media is Prodisc 8X inkjet hub printable. Any information regarding adding more colors would be appreaciated. :?:?:?
Azzkikr1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2005, 12:49 AM   #2

What make of inkjet printable CDs are you using,They are usually only available in White or silver,I have had good success with most white ones but no luck with the silver,Do not attempt to print on ordinary CDs ,the surface will not accept the ink properly. Sounds like you are not using printable cds.
fperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 3:39 AM   #3

Sorry I did not read your post properly,I have not used the printable media that you are using.
fperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 1:49 PM   #4

I am using the prodiscwhite inkjet ones. The colors just don't look saturated enough.
Old Jan 27, 2005, 12:31 AM   #5

I found my problem. I set the color adjustment to manual (not auto)and didn'tchange any settings, and now all my disks print out dark and crisp. YAY