Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 23, 2005, 7:53 AM   #1

I've read the Steve's review of canon ip6000d and he says that:
" the prints from the iP6000D are the equal of anything that you'd get from the best photo inkjet printers. The 4x6", 5x7" and letter-size prints on Canon Photo Paper Pro glossy media look like professional photo lab prints. But, as with all injket-produced prints, they will fade faster than dye sub or wet-processed photo prints."

I've read also the epson r300's review and he says that:

"The R300M's output is excellent, with sharp and properly exposed source images it yields true photo-quality prints. The R300M's photos are the equal of conventionally processed prints and it competes easily with the best photo inkjets from Canon and HP."

So............

Wich printer is better?? I'm interested on photo quality... nothing else!

p.s.

When he says "letter size prints" he would say "a4 prints" ?
So "a4 prints" = "letter size prints".....
Is it true??

Good-bye!
REN88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2005, 4:46 PM   #2

I have the IP6000D and it's great for pictures. The quality is just awesome.my 4x6prints look terrific and it's the best printer I've owned.I can't help you out with the epson though since I dont own it.

Also, there is the LCD Screenon the IP6000D which helps if you have family members not really into computers or plugging in the Digicam USB. That way it can be used without the computer if want the printing process really simple.

rodni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 3:09 PM   #3

I'm pretty interested in the answer to this as well. I don't mean to throw another wrench into the mix, but how does the IP6000D compare with the IP4000/5000 printers in terms of pure photo quality? I'm not concerned with text printing as I have a dedicated Laser printer for that...
rsuazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2005, 4:02 PM   #4

I have the 6000d also. and what pictures! Have tried the 4x6 as well as the 5x7's, and they are fantastic. I even like the software that came with the printer, very easy to use. I am using Epson paper after reading Neil Slade's article on papers. He said that the Canon paper is very good, but there is virtually no difference between Canon and Epson on quality, but theEpson is considerably less, at least a third of the price. You'll love this printer............

Bill

wharrisIU1 is offline   Reply With Quote