Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Nov 17, 2002, 3:28 PM   #1

Default My Printer wants, fill the bill.

i was hopping for the Epson 960 but cnets review doesn't say very nice things about it, but cnet reviews havent been to correct for awhile so i'll wait until i see it here. But anyway this is what i want in a printer because i been using Epson 640 which does a nice job but it doesn't line up picture or labels to well anymore. My guess i'll keep the 640 which is parallel for text until i get a new computer that doesn't have a port anymore for it or dies. I would like a printer more geared for picture quilty photos', have seperate ink carts, have good inks that last with no color shifts ( i hear Epson is best for this) and can take any kind of paper feed thru it. HP trouble it will not take or is not geared to take to heavy weight papers, red river has many paper that they would not use on printers with out a stright feed path.
PhotoMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 17, 2002, 3:29 PM   #2

Default one more thing

forgot to say i would like boardless printing as well.
PhotoMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2002, 3:09 AM   #3

Dont worry about cnet. As usually I doubt they even opened up the box. That review was probably one of the worst most biased reviews I've ever seen in my life. I would wait till some other reviews come online before making your choice about the printer. Cause there is no way it prints as bad as cnet makes it out to be. I've printed directly off the camera for several epson and canon printers and the prints always come out very close to one another in fact if you are as picky as I am you will see the little details that the epson prints that the canon blurs and vice versa. Each printer has its strengths and every reviewer in the world should talk about those strengths and try to exploit them to create the best possible review out of every product if not to help improve the product by working directly with manufacture to produce a greater product such as somethign that could be fixed by a driver update.. I am biased being I love epson but there are a few things that canon does have epson does'nt and I'm not above reccomending a canon or an HP if the case may be it for your specific needs. Give me a couple of weeks I might get a chance to do some printing with the 960 in the near future. If I do I'll tell you my results unbiased.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2002, 6:38 PM   #4

OH yeah I found another review http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,716830,00.asp
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote