Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 3, 2005, 6:18 AM   #11

Davy, the try before you buy option is available for all Canon printers, go here -

http://www.yourprint.canon-europe.com/index.html
pbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 8:01 AM   #12

Thanks again, already done it, seem to remember I also did it a few days before Christmas - I think my upload piccy was not to their specification come to think.

Thought there may have been comments about the 5000 being a test bed for 1 pl heads seeing the upper models still uses 2 pl heads.

Ooops sorry I said 'try and buy' I SHOULD have said 'try before you buy' my fault.

Another day another edit:
Just received a ip4000 sample A4 edge to edge piccy from Canon, very, very impressive. Just had news that Photo-i will not be reviewing the ip4000.
davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2005, 4:42 PM   #13

Hi there

You could give me the site for your ink refills? Thanks Lola
lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2005, 11:00 PM   #14

lola wrote:
Quote:
Hi there

You could give me the site for your ink refills? Thanks Lola
I've gotten my ink from www.inksupply.com for many years and been happy with it. This is a pretty good comparison: http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/inktest.html

I get the dark black with ink for my old HP from MIS. I find it is great for text but puts too much down for photos on glossy photo paper. Your best bet might be to use the ink for the Canon. I just keep two cartridges – one for when I am printing a lot of text and the other with the proper Canon ink for photos.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:18 AM   #15

clem wrote:
Quote:
All i can say is i love my IP5000. LOVE IT!

Ditto. The 5000 is a great printer.

A friend who also has a 5000 recommended getting ink from inkdaddy.com as (he claims) they are an outlet for the actual manufacturer for the Canon inkjet cartridges which Canon buys from them and relabels. And marksup about 300%. I bought a pack of 12 cartridges from them for about $40 including shipping and they print every bit as good as the Canon cartridges that came with the printer.

beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2005, 6:04 AM   #16

Hi beernutz,
Dunno how this post got up here as it was quite a while ago.
Thanks for the info on the inks which I've mada a note off, and I still aint got a Pixma yet but will be the ip5000 I guess reason is I tend to use my El cheapo ML1510 mono laser, already had a couple of toner powder refill's (as opposed to toner cartridges). The pixma is to replace my C62 which is just ornament now. And the Sammysung (Samsung) beats the C62 hands down and it ain't even colour...!
davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2005, 1:22 PM   #17

Sounds like a good story. Business being Business, you'd expect that any company manufacturing a Canon designed ink cart for Canon would have a contract specifically prohibiting selling the same thing to anyone else. I've seen a lot of people claiming to be "as good as" but never "the same as" before this.
Paul_D is offline   Reply With Quote