Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 2, 2005, 2:51 PM   #1
csh

I'm looking into getting a good color printer that can do photos.

Due to ink costs being high with any ink jet printer, I want to get one that can use an external tank system, which allows you to not only decrease the cost of the ink, but also print longer without changing cartridges.

If you've never seen one of these before, basically you install a feeder cartridge in the print heads, and they have ink hoses that go to external tanks.

Any ideas or suggestions?
csh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2005, 8:07 PM   #2

Most people go with Epson for continuous inking systems. They make them for some of the Canons but they don't seem to be as popular. Probably because Canon tanks are so easy to refill and are designed so they last maybe 8 refills. Epson tanks are a lot harder to refill and don't last as long, so the continuous inking system is the most economic approach. It is also less hassle than refilling even the Canons if you do a lot of printing.

Just do a Google search for "continuous inking system". There are many available. They seem to work well for most folks. Just make sure to get a pre-charged system as it will reduce the hassles considerably.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 8:26 PM   #3
csh

slipe wrote:
Quote:
Most people go with Epson for continuous inking systems. They make them for some of the Canons but they don't seem to be as popular. Probably because Canon tanks are so easy to refill and are designed so they last maybe 8 refills. Epson tanks are a lot harder to refill and don't last as long, so the continuous inking system is the most economic approach. It is also less hassle than refilling even the Canons if you do a lot of printing.

Just do a Google search for "continuous inking system". There are many available. They seem to work well for most folks. Just make sure to get a pre-charged system as it will reduce the hassles considerably.
Yeah, I know how to find inking systems.

What I was after was specific information on how well they do with photo printing and related experiences and recommendations.

csh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 9:17 PM   #4

I have great experience toward http://www.InkRepublic.com continuously/large inkking system.

My Epson R800 works perfectly and the printout is just as same as Epson's

I did some research before purchasing from them.

I noticed that some people bought continuous ink system from Ebay got the ink which smells. Now I am sure it is "Toxic".

I would suggestnot joking on your health and not joking on your printer.

Printer is cheap but your health is priceless.

InkRepublic.com has great ink and it's made in USA. I would saytheir spongelesscartridge can last forever. At least their system will not clog your printer.

RoseLoyd is offline   Reply With Quote