Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 7, 2005, 7:37 PM   #1

Greetings....I did search for a while but didn't come up with anything I thought was useful. I'd like to know if there is a way toprint using just one Canon i9100 ink tank (associated nozzles) at one time. I assume I could use something like "Paint"to print just black and probably yellow? but what about the rest of the tanks? Any thoughts would surely be appreciated. Sincerely, R.Smith
osculate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 8, 2005, 9:23 AM   #2

I don't think that you can do this, because it will burn out the head.:flame: The ink is use to cool the head...i belielve this is correct from what i have read in the past about canon printer...but am no expert.

hope this helps

gean
gean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 11:33 AM   #3

I think we might be able to give you a better answer if you could provide a little more detail on what you are trying to accomplish. I'm not sure I understand just what you are asking.
racerx2oo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 7:08 PM   #4

I see that I wasn't really that clear... I have lots of clogged nozzles associated with the Photo Magenta and hopefully there is a way to justmainly use those nozzles to print this color or cleaning fulid... without using those nozzles associated withother color tanks. During "Head Alignment" it seems that all tanks except yellow (maybe) are supposed to print individuallyso it seems that there could be a way to force only Photo Magenta or some sort of cleaning fluidto print through those nozzles.I'd have to leave all six tanks installed in the head of course just in case. I've done some repeating I guess but hope I've sort of made things a bit clearer.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 5:37 AM   #5

Member PAltoindicated under a different posting thatthe following sitewill let you print one color at a time:

http://www.inkrepublic.com/members/nozzle/

A zip file can also be downed from the following site: http://www.inksupply.com/index.cfm?s...l/purging.html

allowingprinting from all tanksor from individual tanks. I haven't tested either site yet but I will assume they both work.

Old Mar 9, 2005, 8:00 AM   #6

Hi, just read your postings. I'm having problem printing in black, no printout at all. Printing in colour works fine. Done 'deep cleaning' many times, soak print head in warm water and also clean print head with alcohol but still nothing happens. Howdo I purge the black ink out. Check thru the site www.inkrepublic.com as listed in your posting, but the info is meant for Epson printers. So what about Canon printers. Thanks.
bandarbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2005, 9:52 AM   #7

I'm sorry to say this but I really only know enough to be dangerous. As it turned out my problem, when was asking about just printing from one tank, was the tank itself. Maybe the filter wasn't touching the head or wasplugged? The purge zip files from "inksupply" worked just fine on my Canon and Epson printers. I just checked the black file a couple minutes ago and it printed okay on a Canon. A guy threw away an older Canon I've been dinking around which... wasting time really and it stopped printing black yesterday (no gradual fade, just an immediate stop) so I'm the same boat as you maybe. A different ink tank didn't change anything so I'm leaning toward the print head, connection,or driver? I did reboot once and the black ink came back but disappeared a little later... againlike a switch was pulled. Not a clue really. Maybe someone else at this forum will be able to add some insight to your question. Maybe you'll have to post a new question... if you haven't already.

And I am assuming you aren't receiving error beeps and/or indicator blinks?
Old Apr 2, 2005, 10:44 PM   #8

Try the cleaning method on this site: http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/inkjetstuff3.html

It seems to work wonders cleaning print head.
terryt is offline   Reply With Quote