Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 8, 2005, 6:06 PM   #1

Looking at a multipurpose printer .. I came across this product from Epson. It seems to use the same print mechanisms as the R300, which from what I understand has decent print quality for photo's. One of the features I want however is the ability to print directly to CD/DVD's, which I know the R300 does but I'm unsure about on the RX500. Anyone know?
lebaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 9, 2005, 3:48 AM   #2

Sorry, no. Of the current models it would appear that only the R200, R300 and R800 can print directly on to CD's & DVD's. None of the multi-function's can do this.

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 10:13 PM   #3

I thought all R series and RX seriescould print CD/DVD cover??

R200, R300, R320, R300M, RX500, RX600 and R800, I thought they also include built-in CD/DVD printing capabilities for printing directly onto inkjet printable CDs or DVDs using the included EPSONCD Print software andCD tray. I have an RX500, just cant remember if I ever have the CD tray in my box.....
PAlto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2005, 3:15 AM   #4

It would seem that only the R series can print to CD or DVD. PAlto, you should be better placed to confirm this, having already got an RX500. I'm just passing on the info from Epson. I would have thought that if it were capable of the task they would trumpet the fact in their specs for the printer. But no mention of it. Regarding the rest of the R series, I only mentioned the 200, 300 and 800 as the only difference with the 300M is the monitor and the 320 is a newer model available in some regions, but yes they can print onto CD and DVD.

My source, http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/c...egory=Products

Your source, your printer. Having said what I have said, Epson could have omitted the infofrom their site and I could be wrong. I suggest you look through your manual and put Lebaige out of his/her misery, no better way to find out than from someone who owns one.

Regards,

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2005, 5:13 AM   #5

Stevekin,

Great! thank you!
PAlto is offline   Reply With Quote