Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 10, 2005, 4:57 AM   #1

Probably a silly question but all the photo printing I see is done on inkjet or dye-sub printers.

Are colour laser printers not an option? If so, does it have to do with the papers you can/cannot use with them?

Yesterday I was at a photo lab and they had very competitive prices for digital prints, when I asked about sizes etc they showed me a few demo prints which looked good if only too glossy for my liking, and mentioned it was done on a high quality laser printer, which caught me by surprise because everything I've read involved dye-sublimation and inkjet (whether pigment or dye inks).

Maybe someone here could clarify this for me.

Alex53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 10, 2005, 10:28 PM   #2

I use commercial laser printers to produce colour photo pages for sales catalogues for a customer,he is delighted with the results,myself I do not think that they are as good as ink jet,very close but not quite.The cost is considerably less than ink jet and they are waterfroof,my suggestion is take along a file and get a print and make your own choice,there are lots of paper choices with laser so get a few prints ondifferent papers. I pay the equivalent of $us 0.40 to $us 1.00 per A4 sheet depending on paper. They often charge to open your file if you only want one or two copies,ask first.
fperry is offline   Reply With Quote