Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 14, 2005, 3:28 PM   #1

Sorry if you've read this before in another section, I'm new to forums and messed up.

I've decided to trade in my old Epson Photo Stylus 830 and would be very grateful for some advice.
I am using a Sony DSC V1 5MP compact (Although I'm hoping, after some saving, for an Olympus C-8080, but printer first I think) at present, nearly exclusively for landscape photography.
I'm thinking of buying an Epson R800, but may consider the R300, is the print quality difference that great? I'm not that bothered by the claim of very long lasting inks on the R800(I've heard 80 years or so), as obviously a reprint after a few years isn't going to break the bank, I just want a (Big) improvement on my current printer, which seems to lack definition, especially on rocks and grass, and seems to darken the images.
Also, what does anyone think of using compatible inks with these two printers, I've had results similar to those on Epson own inks with my current printer using one compatible ink in particular.
Many thanks.
marmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2005, 8:49 PM   #2

Having seen the output from an 830 (my parents have one) and compared it to my R200 - I can't honestly say there's a huge difference. The R200 is a lot quicker and has a 'RPM' mode that gives better quality when viewed though a magnifier, but from normal distance in 'best photo' mode - there's not much difference that I can see.

Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote