Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 22, 2005, 10:02 AM   #11

Are you using Canon paper and ink? Different papers/inks will change the colors, andanycolor problems are especially noticeable in the grays. If you are using Canon ink, some papers come with a recommendation for the color settings in "Preferences", but you must use the Windows Photo Printing Wizard (or some other program that uses these settings - not Canon's Easy PhotoPrint). In Preferences, under Print quality, select "Manual" and then "Set". Under "Print Type", select "Photo" anduncheck "ICM". You can set the other 6 adjustments on this dialog as recommended by the paper supplier.

If you are using other inks or papers without recommended settings, you will have to experiment with the color settings. To save ink/paper, cut three 4x6 pieces froman 8.5x11, then use the 4x6s for thesetests. I have included a test print with various RGB and CYMK colors that makes a good printing test.

Depending on your printer/paper/ink combination, you may be able to find a free ICC profile (Google with "Printer ICC profile"), but you will then have to install it in the proper directory and add it to the "Printer Properties" under "Color Management" as your default profile. I am a little fuzzy about the other details needed to use the profile, so I would appreciate it if someone could fill in the remainder of the procedure

If you can't find a free profile,there are several companies that will generatea customICC profilefor your specific ink/paper combination, but this costs a few dollars.
Attached Images

grandad35 is offline   Reply With Quote