Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 17, 2005, 3:36 AM   #1

Does anyone in this forum have any experience with compatible inks from europe? I am tempted to get MIS inks but being currently living in italy, I am wondering whether there are good quality inks here so as to being able to save on shipping and not having to deal with customs.

I have seen inks from Prink and inkclub and they seem to be really big being based all around europe. However, i have been unable to get any reviews nor comments online for these inks so i am in doubt as to how "good" they are.

Anyone has any experience? pls comment.

Thanks
wernehawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 17, 2005, 3:59 PM   #2

MIS has good ink, but their system is very bad. Many people have problem with their kit.

You can try http://www.InkRepublic.com , get the bulk ink kit from them and buy MIS' ink.
or you can try inkrepublic's ink. they have excellent ink too.

besides, it is free shipping to europe.

here is review of inkrepublic system:
http://www.inkrepublic.com/testimonials.asp

Masayo_Okino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 8:24 PM   #3

Not content with spamming newsgroups, inkrepublic now seem to be moving onto web forums too. :roll:

Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 10:18 PM   #4

I agree with you Harvey,It is quite difficult for a newbie to sort out what is a genuine reply from a knowleagable user and a thinly disguised advertisement,I think that the answer is to watch for an abusive reply,thats usually the clue.I have given up reconmending my favourite systems because of continued abuse and unfounded ,so called facts that can not be substantiated,their way out if cornered is to claim it is "off topic" and dissapear,then return under another name.
It is a great pity that this happens but I just hope that people can "read between the lines" and filter what is genuine from the spam.
fperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 12:03 AM   #5

you can try lyson in Europe or try inkrepublic.

they both have quality ink and system.
gracebc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 8:14 AM   #6

Quote:
the answer is to watch for an abusive reply,thats usually the clue.
The other clue is that users spamming for inkrepublic seem to do nothing else - all their messages (viewable from their profile - click on their username) are just adverts for inkrepublic.

Personally, even if their ink was the best in the world, the fact that they feel the need to constantly spam both newsgroups and now webforums means I would never buy anything from them, and my advice to others would be to do the same.

If they were selling quality inks etc.,there would be no need to make up usernames and spam their products. :roll:

Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 11:53 AM   #7

seriously, being new to these printer forums, i certainly have no idea whether the 2nd post was a legitimate reply or an advert. However if their inks rn't bad, i might give it a try, anyone 2nd that or should i just stay away from inkrepublic.

About lyson, yes, i have seen their product n i have to say i am tempted. HOwever after browsing throught the the sites of their italian agents, i am gobsmacked at the prices their inks r sold at. Unless, i am mistaken but their inks seems to cost a lot more than oem canon inks. I will double-check myself again but if anyone has any experience with lyson inks and knows that it costs less than oem canon, pls let me know, thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2005, 12:00 PM   #8

oh well, i guess inkrepublic is out as they only cater to epson printers whereas i am using a canon pixma ip5000 atm.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 3:14 PM   #9

Although I agree with everything Harvey has said,to be fair ,It appears that they do sell inks for Canon printers.

fperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 4:27 PM   #10

they do? but i went to their site and it lists only epson printer.....

anyway, i doouble-checked the italian agent for lyson here and it seems i was previously mistaken, they aren't as dear as i thought, i was actually "barking up the wrong tree", hehe. they still aren't cheap though but if it's quality they have, then quality it is.

One question, as i am totally new to the ink refill scene, approxiamately how many times would i b able to refill for example a canon bci-6 cartridge using 125ml of 3rd party ink, from lyson for instance?

The dang thing is that i would b forced to pay an additional "service charge" of Eur25 if i buy less than Eur250 worth of goods from this lyson site. N being a student, dad would kill if i bought more than 250 worth of ink in 1 go...... urgghh! choices...choices....choices!!!