Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 27, 2005, 2:26 PM   #1

Ok let me wrap my brain around all this profiling stuff. I know that my monitor can be adjusted through Windows, the graphics card, or through a downloaded program or through photoshop or paintshop (GAMMA). Is that correct? My printer can be adjusted through printer properties through control panel, through various programs used to print the picture and through printer software that comes with the printer. How am I doing so far? Lets leave the monitor adjustments for now and focus on the printer. I have a question about my i9100. It seems that Icc profiles are in the printer properties/preferences under the control panel, when downloading the software for the printer it has some ICC alread in there, which one do you use? About 15 choices.
Yet in the printer set up for i9100 also has a profile where you set EFFECT, GRAYSCALE etc., then you can name that setting. When you are trying to correct an image, should you be tweaking all these areas? I mean holy cow where does one start...really? I've read much about greenish tine and I too get this in all my B & W. So do you tweak the ICC or mess around with the printer set up or do you adjust the monitor... Will continue to learn but if someone can get me started as to what I need to do first? My monitor seems fine. It gives me the grayscaling I want...colors check true. Thanks.
devilwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2005, 2:47 PM   #2

Dry Creek Photo are one of the companies that can do a profile for your printer. There is a lot of info on their site. Try starting here http://www.drycreekphoto.com/Frontie...r_profiles.htm
Paul_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 4:55 PM   #3

Thanks
devilwoman is offline   Reply With Quote