Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Nov 28, 2002, 7:18 AM   #1

Default How to get the best print quality with Canon S-9000?

I have three Digicams (Ixusv3, c-2100us, D7Hi) and wonder how will I get the best result with each camera for printing with the Canon S-9000?

For example, if I take pictures in RAW Format with my Dimage 7Hi and use Adobe RGB as the color profile, how do I have to set the printer? Can someone post a profile?

Do I have to change the printer settings again for pictures taken by the Ixusv3 or the c-2100?

Hope someone can help.
hegisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 28, 2002, 1:29 PM   #2

YOu might want to make yourself a test. Depending on whether those cameras all come with PIM or Exif in them your prints may change. If they have exif in them they shoudl all produce the same colors if they have PIM which I think the minolta one has then you might achieve a slightly less contrast which you will have to make up for. I reccomend looking for a color profiling software.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2002, 2:14 PM   #3

But my Minolta can take pictures in RAW format and I can specify ADOBE RGB colors, which is recommended for best quality prints. However, this mode is not supported by EXIF and now I wonder what should be the right settings for the printer in order to achieve the best results.
Old Nov 29, 2002, 2:28 AM   #4

Go to contol panel>right click printer> properties>color managment>add profile>from the screen (which in my case is "WIN\SYSTEM32\SPOOL\DRIVERS\COLOR") select the adobeRGB.

You can select manual so every print is done with that profile.
evangelos K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2002, 8:15 AM   #5

Hi evangelos,
Thanks for the hint.
In my case the default color profile was CJPD3100. I don't know what that is. I have the profile called adobe RGB1998. Is that the right one? Does 1998 stand for the year or for the no. of colors?

Now, I still have to find out about my oly and ixus, what color profile they use as their default.

Regards
hegisin