Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Mar 9, 2005, 3:29 AM   #1

Lately there's a promotion on Epson printers in my country whereby if you trade-in your broken/old printer, you could get an Epson Stylus Photo C65 printer for Malaysian Ringgit 198/- only (equiv to USD$52/-). I took this opportunity to dispose my broken Lexmark printer.
Initial I only intend to use the Epson C65 for text printing/general purpose and planning to buy Canon iPixma 4000 later. However, out- of-curiosity, I have printed several photos on an A4 glossy photo paper and the outcome was amazing.
Now I'm concern with maintenance costs, as Epson seems to be famous with clogged print head issue. For your info, each ink cartridge cost about USD$8/- in my country. The cheapest 20 sheets package A4 glossy paper cost about USD$5.70.

Anybody from this forum had ever used Epson C65? If so, would you mind sharing your opinion/ experience with this cheap printer?
asfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 10, 2005, 6:51 AM   #2

Hi, Sorry can't help you with the C65, but have had problems with two Epson C62's under guarantee [i]see 'Woe of Epson (C62)' on 19 Jan 05, far better off with a Canon pixma, more economical all round, Yes the C62 produced quite reasonable pictures at first and so did the replacement printer until about 6 months down the line.
My advice if using other ink tanks than Epson keep the old empty ones, just in case you need to return the printer for service, I ensured that I used Epson ink tanks like a sucker and still ended up having clogged heads and print problems whilst still under guarantee.

Sorry I can only give my experience and sincerely don't wish it on anyone.
davy is offline   Reply With Quote