Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Mar 13, 2005, 5:59 PM   #1

I am interested in purchasinga great photo quality printer that prints wide. I have read reviews onboth theCanon i9900 and the Epson Pro 4000. I would appreciate advicefrom those that have purchased either. The Epson isconsiderably more, but it may be worth it.

Rick
rramza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 14, 2005, 2:50 AM   #2

Well, I have had my Canon i9950 (European version with the CD label printer) for quite some months and am very impressed, especially with the pre print features which helped me enormously when I was first setting up to verify that I was printing borderless. The speed of printing is amazing, A3 prints taking less than two minutes, and the colours are true and equal - by that I mean that if a photo contains lots of colours the red, for example, doesn't hit you in the face and overpower the others. Cartridges last a reasonable time although it is best to keep a stock of the Cyan and Photocyan cartridges! I have no knowledge of the Epson, but using the Canon with a Sony P150 and a Nikon D70 I have had excellent results. Sorry I can't help more.
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 1:45 PM   #3

Hey - any more info gathered on this comparison? (Canon i9900 verses Epson Pro 4000)

please post !!! thx
bowlt is offline   Reply With Quote