Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 1, 2002, 11:42 PM   #1

Default B & W photo ink jet

It seems that many believe that the Epson 2200 is the best off the shelf inkjet for B & W printing. I was wondering if Steve or anyone else has heard of the Pietzographic inks. I was wondering if the Cannon 900S would work with those. From what I understand, its a method of using all the cartridges with black inks, no color, and it pretty much calls for dedicating your printer to it, but it can get amazing results. But all I've seen on the pietzo sites, are calibrations for older epsons, the 1200s etc or the bigger ones. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff? I wouldn't mind getting the 900 as its quite a bit less expensive than the Epson 2200.

Thanx
Barry Fisher
Uhooru is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 2, 2002, 2:13 AM   #2

yeah its a bit less expensive than the 900. But its ability to print black and whites is rivaled by none that I have read about so far. I should look at finding another way. But I have heard about this multiple black ink before. I only heard about it once. But I'm curious if you happen to find any more information about it I would be greatly interested in the results. I do know that the current epson printers on the market print fabulous black and whites. The epson driver conversion from color to black is pretty good but tends to be a little on the dark side. I dont know black and whites very well but I'm very willing to learn more about the subject.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2002, 2:57 AM   #3

Gregpersons: Try here. I havn't really digested this site yet, and am just looking in to it, but I think this is the big pietzo sight.

http://www.inkjetmall.com/

Cheers
Barry Fisher
Uhooru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2002, 3:41 PM   #4

thanks for the link :!: :!:
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote