Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Mar 21, 2005, 6:35 PM   #1

Hi,

I am having trouble printing to canvas roll paper using Mac OS x and an epson 2200. I do not have problems printing on any other types of media. The problem is that when it prints it only prints to half the width of the paper and it cuts off the image. I called Epson and they walked me through all the settings that I had already spent a day and a half trying. Does anyone have a solution to this issue? Any help is much appreciated.

Stev
festx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2005, 5:27 AM   #2

I'm probably talking nonsense here (don't have a 2200, and nor do I use roll paper -- at least, not for printing on ... :-) ) but if it's confined to just one paper, perhaps it's related to the paper thickness.

It might be making the head carrier reverse before it should?

Or maybe the roll is putting undue strain on the feed motor (unlikely, but possible.)

Just a thought.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2005, 11:15 AM   #3

Thanks for your response. It started to work late last night after many hours of head scratching. As a last resort, I changed the printer (in PS) to Roll Paper (Borderless Banner) and tried to print and that didn't work. So I changed the printer back to Roll Paper and printed again and it work. Now I can use any Epson Roll Paper Printer: Borderless, Banner, etc. in the printer list and everything works fine. I was on the phone with Epson again (4th time in 2 days) when it started to work, and the support tech was blaming it on apple. Just one of those things, I guess.

Again, thanks for your response.

-Steve
festx is offline   Reply With Quote