Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Mar 27, 2006, 10:25 AM   #171

How do I get access to the waste tube on a 1290? I have a manual, removed both plastic covers, and can just see a tube going I think to the pump. The job looks major, any help! Also thro the threads i have seen a problem with the r300 ie lights on steady, showing general error, ink has been reset, carriage moves to left and stops after start, then lights go on, I have this problem on my 300 and have seen no repies that work. Did anyone solve this. Brian Ireland
Brian Ireland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 10:25 AM   #172

How do I get access to the waste tube on a 1290? I have a manual, removed both plastic covers, and can just see a tube going I think to the pump. The job looks major, any help! Also thro the threads i have seen a problem with the r300 ie lights on steady, showing general error, ink has been reset, carriage moves to left and stops after start, then lights go on, I have this problem on my 300 and have seen no repies that work. Did anyone solve this. Brian Ireland
Brian Ireland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 1:12 PM   #173

I have a similar problem and keep getting the general error message . Idle . has done his best to help to no avail to date.

I have been re-filling the cartridges successfully till now but wonder if it is a cartridge

recognition problem.

I am reluctant to spend another $70.00 bucks just to find out if this is the case or put that towards another ( not Epson ) printer .:sad:

Having said that my old stylus 740 chugs along just great and re-fills easily :-):-)

Ineresting to see if anyone has a fix.

Dave.
woodcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 1:12 PM   #174

whoops !
woodcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 6:00 PM   #175

Brian Ireland

The 1290 will have the same style of pads in the base as all the others, so you could positively locate the end of the tube by removing the mechanism from the base.

Unlike the 200-300's, the 1290 is assembled without reference to the base, so there's no risk in removing it -- you won't upset alignments etc. until you actually disassemble the mechanism.

Your 300's head action suggests there's an obstruction somewhere (the head moves to the left and stays there, the light(s) come on and there's likely no error message?)

This event on other models (haven't encountered it with the "R" series as yet) can mean the head guide rail is dirty or lacking lubrication, or that the location strip (the translucent strip above the drive belt) or the LED on the rear of the head carriage requires cleaning.

The carriage drive motor senses the amount of force required to move the carriage -- if it's too high the head stops, which may be your problem.

Try holding down the 'maintenance' and 'power' buttons simultaneously for 7 seconds and see if that clears the error.

The position sensor losing track usually causes the head to move erratically back & forth.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 9:26 PM   #176

I just did this mod on my new RX500 (was on sale @ Frys for $69). I had to elevate my unit about 2cm higher so that i can rest my waste tank lower than its outlet. The access door on rx500 seems to be lower than that of other Epson models.

thank you for this good info
tokuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2006, 7:29 AM   #177

Hi

How can you reset chip counter for Epson Photo R210 printer?

Thanks
dttcomputers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:08 PM   #178

You'll find all the info by reading through this thread.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 3:15 AM   #179

I would like to thank Idle for his tip about making the waste ink collection system external. I have made this modification and it has solved a long-standing problem with my heavily used and ageing R200. It's amazing how much ink is flushed through after just two oe three cleaning cycles.

let me share with you a couple of other techniques I have evolved for clearing really stubborn ink blockages, which probably occur because of using cheap generic ink cartridges, but unless you happen to be a millionaire you aren't likely to use Epson replacements for very long.

There is an excellent product on the market called Cartridge Flush, available from Inkjet.co.uk, but to make it work you've got to get it to the right place, and that's the hard bit. I have found that if you remove the cartridge above the blocked inkjet and look down into the print head mechanism from above you will see a projecting black tube that penetrates the seal on the cartridge and acts as a conduit for the ink. It's exactly the right diameter for a MacDonalds drinking straw to fit snugly over it, and you can use the straw to pour a few drops of the fluid straight into the top of the print head. Replace the ink cartridge to make a seal, leave it for a few hours to soak, overnight if possible, and run a cleaning cycle when the blockage has softened up. One cycle is usually enough.

If the jets are really hopelessly blocked, which can happen for a number of reasons, an extreme solution (no pun intended) is to slip a bit of polythene sheeting cut from a plastic bag underneath the print head assembly and tape it to the carrier mechanism so as to form a bag underneath the assembly. Add a few teaspoonfuls of Cartridge Flush down the side of the bag, and let the print heads sit in the solution for about 12 to 24 hours. You need to remove the contraption very carefully so as not to spill inky solvent everywhere, but in fact it does not appear to do any permanent harm to the printer even if an accident happens. This should melt the most stubborn blockage.
sirat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:42 PM   #180

just been looking through problems with epson r 200 printers, but whatever i do i can`t get mine working again. the 2 red lights are flashing. i`ve tried toreset the counters , i don`t know if it worked or not and i`ve held all the buttons down to reset but the red lights still flash help!
nah121 is offline   Reply With Quote