Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:59 PM   #181

It's telling you that it's time to change the waste ink blotters. I suggest you make Idle's modification first, channeling the ink into an external container, and then you should be able to reset the counter with the download tool that is mentioned several times on this thread. When you install it it creates an icon on yourtool tray at the bottom right of your screen. Righr click on this icon and it will offer you a number of reset options, including the waste ink monitor. Reset and your lights will stop blinking.
sirat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2006, 5:50 PM   #182

Hi, everybody!

What source of bulk ink you guys use for Epson R200/220/300, doesn't matter – for CIS or to recharge cartridges?

Thank you for reply.

CrazyChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2006, 11:17 AM   #183

I use the compatible cartridges from Inkjetcartridgesuk.com. which are good and cost (at time of writing) £1.94 each including VAT. I tend to buy them in fives or tens which saves a bit on postage, but if you buy one complete set it comes to £11.64 plus £2.03 for postage making it £13.67 in total. Not the cheapest on the market but they do seem to be consistently good in quality. You can often pick up complete sets at computer fairs for as little as £8, but of course you're taking a chance on the quality you'll get and the amount of ink in them, because I have had some that seem to be under-filled and still register 20 or 25 per cent on the ink monitor when they are in fact empty.
sirat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 5:58 AM   #184

Idle, Thanks for the reply. First regarding the 1290, when you say to remove the base, is this directly without other dismanling? The second issue is with the r300. It has been reset but when switched on moves to the left in the park position, red light static and indicates general error. Computer says that ink status is unavailable beacause of the condition of the printer. Could it still be cart change? Brian Ireland
Brian Ireland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 6:18 AM   #185

Brian Ireland:

Like most of the more sturdy Epsons, the 1290 will be a mechanism that's assembled and put in a box, rather than depending on the box to hold it together as the 200/300's etc. do.

You'd still have to start dismantling from the top, though.

Re your R300 problem, I'll have a look at the manual later -- the HD with the file on it isn't in the machine right now.

If it's moving to the cart change position and showing an error, it might be a cartridge contact problem -- try reseating them.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2006, 2:26 PM   #186

New to the site, have an Epson R200 working fine with a CISS (Continuous Ink Supply System) but having trouble with the Epson Ink Monitor telling the printer I am out of ink. :angry:Finally had to buy another CISS to get it to work again, but now the black ink is reading 1/4 full and I know my printing ability days are numbered no matter how much ink I have in the cartridge if I don't fix this.

I read about some sites and programs to fix this, but that was over a year back up the thread, what is the current simple handling to get this CISS to work smoothly without the nagging Epson Monitor lying to my printer and putting it on strike?

I will do the handling of installing the drain tube, that was brilliant.:idea:

I have the SSC Service Utility installed from a CD given to me with the current CISS.

They suggest I "remove the Epson Status Monitor using Windows" but don't say how to do this, I tried removing the Epson Printer software and reinstalling it, but the ink still reads 1/4 to doomsday on my black ink.

Am open to suggestions as I really like this printer CISS combination and want to keep it working!:!:

InkPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2006, 6:32 PM   #187

gaInkPirate wrote:
Quote:
New to the site, have an Epson R200 working fine with a CISS....
Can I respectfully suggest that you start a NEW thread with an appropriate title and then we can help without taking this original thread off topic..
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2006, 7:29 PM   #188

I am sorry, I am new to this arena.

But it appears to me that (unless I am mistaken for which I will happily be corrected)that the topic of this thread is as listed at the top of the webpage:

"Epson R200 - 210 & R300 - 310 mod."

And that is what I am asking about, how to modify my R200 to keep if from spitting out my CISS ink cartridges as dry when they are full of ink.

And from reading this thread I appaers that this is what a large percentageof the other entries in this thread are also talking about.

Am I missing something? ':?'
Old Apr 14, 2006, 7:50 PM   #189

InkPirate wrote:
Quote:
I am sorry, I am new to this arena.

But it appears to me that (unless I am mistaken for which I will happily be corrected)that the topic of this thread is as listed at the top of the webpage:

"Epson R200 - 210 & R300 - 310 mod."

And that is what I am asking about, how to modify my R200 to keep if from spitting out my CISS ink cartridges as dry when they are full of ink.

And from reading this thread I appaers that this is what a large percentageof the other entries in this thread are also talking about.

Am I missing something? ':?'
Without going back through the entire thread I couldn't be 100% certain but overall this thread has been about modifying your Epson R200 - R340 so that all waste ink (read: all ink pumped during the cleaning process) is directed to an external tank.

That's not related to a CIS and to be honest it would seem more sensible to start a clean thread so as not to lose any answers to other branched topics that have cropped up in the last X pages..
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2006, 8:36 PM   #190

I see, the divergence from the thread seems to be my mention of the CISS. not to worry, I have no questions about installing or using the CISS that works just fine.

And yes there is good discussion of the use of the external ink draining tank at one point, which in fact was an offhanddivergence from the original ink software problem which was the origin of this thread. But the photo is eyecatching and would lead one to believe (without reading the entire thread) that this is the topic.

What I need information on is very on topic for the early part of this thread: how to modify or remove the Ink Sensing software of the Epson R200 so that it does not consider my ink cartridges are running out of ink.

This is the same problem that persons using refillable cartridges run into with this Epson Status Monitor software.

I am only asking for current data since the thread began so long ago (2004) that some of these sites and passwords may no longer be functioning.

Are you the webmaster for this thread (if there is such a thing and that is the correct term)?

If after reading this (and reviewing the early entries, you still feel I should start a new thread I will gladly do so.

Sincerely,