Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Apr 21, 2005, 8:37 AM   #11

Quote:
I've looked at the tube in the back and it seems very clean, almost though a lot of ink has not passed through it
The ink doesn't stick to the plastic used in the tube (would soon clog up with dried ink if it did), so the tube always looks clean.

The printer only primes the first time it's started, to fill the heads and get the nozzles firing.

Head cleans don't seem to happen as often as with earlier Epson's I've had -- what happens at cartridge change I don't know, for the chips in the CIF unit reset every time the machine is turned on, so they never read empty.

So far I'm most happy with it, but there'll have to be a drawback somewhere -- it's starting to look too much like a free lunch, and everyone knows there's no such thing... :-)
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2005, 9:52 PM   #12

Iinstalled PIS now for my810 printer. Very easy to replace the ink jet cartridge and only add ink forthe peripheralvessel.

Try http://www.eaglehc.com/english.
eaglehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2005, 2:22 PM   #13

Rather than having to use the Epson utility to reset the error message/counter, you can also use these tested procedures I found on the web:

1. Press and hold 'stop' 'maintenance' and 'power' buttons for about 10 seconds, a message will come on the screen saying counter is reset and to turn off.

2. Turn your printer off and then back on - job done.

3. When resetting the counters you should really replace the waste ink pad but can get away with removing the pad then washing it out and allowing it to dry before putting it back into the printer.
skianddive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 12:51 PM   #14

hi idle i was reading your article on the external tank for waste ink i think it is brilliant !!!!! i have allready did a similar thing as per your instructions thanks for thegoodideai am trying to attach some photo,s i dont know if they will come through or not as this only the second post i have ever doneand i am not sure how to put attachments on site cheers asher4 melbourne australia.

Attached Images

asher4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 2:08 PM   #15

Thank you very much

Pam
pamren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2005, 6:00 AM   #16

I think it's only fair to point out that I didn't invent this -- a lot of folk out there have done the same thing, and Epson themselves use a similar notion on some of their commercial inkjets (as indeed do other makers.)

All I did was spread the good word!
Old May 22, 2005, 10:30 AM   #17

skianddive wrote:
Quote:
Rather than having to use the Epson utility to reset the error message/counter, you can also use these tested procedures I found on the web:

1. Press and hold 'stop' 'maintenance' and 'power' buttons for about 10 seconds, a message will come on the screen saying counter is reset and to turn off.

2. Turn your printer off and then back on - job done.

3. When resetting the counters you should really replace the waste ink pad but can get away with removing the pad then washing it out and allowing it to dry before putting it back into the printer.
3. How does one remove the pad to wash it (or replace it)? Specifically with the 2100/2200 series- is it a back to Epson job or is there a D-I-Y method or a method similar to the above. The 2100 doesn't have the trap door.
johngill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2005, 4:26 AM   #18

It's not just one pad -- in all Epsons I've ever looked into there's a string of them spread across most of the lower part of the case.

Waste ink is pumped into the first one, then leaches its way slowly across them -- just like watching a piece of blotting paper.

The waste ink counter is calculated to run out shortly before all the pads become saturated, which is why you shouldn't reset the counter without doing something about the pads.

If you can't locate the pump delivery tube and extend it outside, the alternatives are to wait for the printer to cease operation and have it serviced, or dismantle it, remove the pads, either wash and dry or replace them, then re-assemble and reset.

Not usually a task for the novice...

Quote:
The 2100 doesn't have the trap door.
Since it makes life easier for users and reduces service department income, I imagine the successors to the R series won't have it either... :-)
Old May 24, 2005, 9:18 PM   #19

What is website address of file?

Thanks
sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 10:17 AM   #20

Idle,

Thanks a lot.

Just fitted a waste bottle as your post.

Changed my first cartridge and was amazed at the amount of ink that was purged through !!!

I hope those waste ink pads dry out now Im not using them, they must be soaking !!!!
brianc1957 is offline   Reply With Quote