Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 15, 2006, 11:34 AM   #221

Has anyone does this fix with an R320? When I look at the back of my R320, the door appears to be a bit different than the sampel photos I have seen here. If anyone has done this mod on an R320, I would appreciate it if you could post pics or explain if there were any differences in the mod required for the R320.

Thanks

M@
mgoodnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 3:34 PM   #222

Hi! i try to use software to resset printer counter but i have a massage DEViCE NOT FOUND Please help
logmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 4:35 PM   #223

mgoodnight & logmm...

Just a suggestion guys but you'd be better off starting new threads with keywords relating to your problem in the title instead of adding to this thread.

Your problems are answerable but you'll probably lose the responses with a lot of other unrelated stuff.
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2006, 5:21 PM   #224

Just thought I'd add my mod guide for the CX6600..

I've written it up as a proper "How to.." guide with images, etc... so if anyone is interested it's available here:

http://www.continuousink.info/forum/...rticle&k=7

If anyone has any comments about the process or suggestions for clarifications of the guide, then please let me know..

Next up is going to be the Canon iP4000 and iP4200 modifications but not sure when I'll have time to document those properly... :?
Old May 31, 2006, 7:45 PM   #225

logmm wrote:
Quote:
Hi! i try to use software to resset printer counter but i have a massage DEViCE NOT FOUND Please help

I assume you mean the SSC utility, and here I can only plead ignorance, since it's installed and worked on every machine I've put it on so far.

Suggestion: Uninstall it, make sure your printer is turned on and that there are no print jobs queued in the buffer (the utility should bypass the print buffer, though) then re-install.

The install instructions say to disable the Epson status monitor (not an easy task, once you've installed it, unless you uninstall the printer driver as well) but I've never had it cause me a problem with the SSC utility.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2006, 7:55 PM   #226

mgoodnight wrote:
Quote:
Has anyone does this fix with an R320? When I look at the back of my R320, the door appears to be a bit different than the sampel photos I have seen here. If anyone has done this mod on an R320, I would appreciate it if you could post pics or explain if there were any differences in the mod required for the R320.
So far as I know, the R320 is only the R300/310 with the optional colour view screen plugged in.

Other than that, it should be identical to the unit pictured in my first post on this thread.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 9:57 AM   #227

thanks...... works great
dznutz45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 12:41 PM   #228

Joined this forum just for this thread!!! Set up my printer with a septic tank. Do I have to clean the waste Ink pads or will the Ink flow into it, doesthe printerhave to be elevated or will it still work like this??? Epson R230 similar to R210. Please help Me!?!?!?!?

adamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 2:47 PM   #229

adamned wrote:
Quote:
Joined this forum just for this thread!!! Set up my printer with a septic tank. Do I have to clean the waste Ink pads or will the Ink flow into it, doesthe printerhave to be elevated or will it still work like this??? Epson R230 similar to R210. Please help Me!?!?!?!?
The ink already in the pads will stay in the pads (unless they are seriously overloaded - which they shouldn't be unless you reset once already).. All the mod does is redirect any new ink pumped out of the cartridges during the cleaning cycle.

Elevating the printer is potentialy a good idea but the key to it is to ensure the tube doesn't go high... it MUST be lower than the printhead so basically don't let it go higher than the bottom of the little exit door..
Old Jul 20, 2006, 8:10 PM   #230

If you check the photo's at the beginning of this thread you'll see where the tube should exit.

That setup works perfectly without any need to raise the printer.

My printer, waste tank and CIS all sit on the same sheet of plate glass.