Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 3, 2006, 10:52 AM   #251

Hi Folks, R300 problem again i'm afraid:sad:

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Mine stopped printing the colours so i just got by using black/white for a while. Then today i took out the carts and unscrewed the nozzles (two screws in the bottom of the carriage) I cleaned them thouroughly with some vinegar solution and blew them out with a straw. This looked like it would work because i had the head on some tissue and saw all the colours on the tissue when i'd done. I re-assembled the thing and hey-presto! It doesn't print a fekin thing now:?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"It won't even print a nozzle alignment check.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I re-set everything i could with the SSC utility which i have used successfully before but to no avail.........

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Any suggestions? It's been a good friend to me, is it time to part company?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Help me please

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"(Jools@amnesia.co.uk)
Attached Images

joobyjoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 10:56 AM   #252

BLODDY ELL! that picture's a big un innit??

I don't know what that's all about?? (style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000")
Old Sep 3, 2006, 6:18 PM   #253

I have a RX530, its fairly new and does have a trap door at the back. I was thinking of waiting untill I get the request for maintenance message. Or should I add the mod. With normal home use how long would it go before complaining to be fixed.

Any comments?

Terry
Teddy Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 7:32 PM   #254

hi, sorry ive not been on for a while, ive been a bit busy. ive used the sanitary towels and they seem to be doing ok. ive cleaned with "windex" and used a lint free cloth beneath the head etc but i still get lines appearing on my printout (high speed is off). they are mainly on the black andmagenta ink i think as yellow seems to be ok as well as blues. any suggestions?
ShowStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 9:29 PM   #255

Teddy Bear:

Do the mod as soon as you can -- there's nothing to lose and the ink won't be in the pads, which can only be an advantage.

Showstealer:

I think you need to look further into the problem.

It could be air bubbles, poor venting, ink clogs inside the heads where solvent hasn't reached (try solvent down the feed spikes), carts not seating properly and air being pulled instead of a solid column of ink, physical head damage (I hope not!), something else I've not thought of yet (at 80+ I don't think as quickly as I once did...)

It's unlikely to be software, particularly if you get the problem in all printing modes, but I wouldn't totally rule it out.

Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 9:47 PM   #256

ty ill see what i can do with them suggestions, oh as a note the nozzle check pattern comes out fine after the other cleaning, if that makes any difference. it definitely isnt a software issue as ive used same programs/drivers on mylaptop which ive printed out on my mates r300. as for media issues, ive get the same probs on cds etc, even with best settings (and on slow)...wheras on my mates printer they turn out cool.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 11:53 AM   #257

joobyjoo wrote:
Quote:
Hi Folks, R300 problem again i'm afraid:sad:

Mine stopped printing the colours so i just got by using black/white for a while. Then today i took out the carts and unscrewed the nozzles (two screws in the bottom of the carriage) I cleaned them thouroughly with some vinegar solution and blew them out with a straw. This looked like it would work because i had the head on some tissue and saw all the colours on the tissue when i'd done. I re-assembled the thing and hey-presto! It doesn't print a fekin thing now:?

It won't even print a nozzle alignment check.

I re-set everything i could with the SSC utility which i have used successfully before but to no avail.........

Any suggestions? It's been a good friend to me, is it time to part company?

Help me please

(Jools@amnesia.co.uk)

ANYONE?? PLEASE?? :?
Old Sep 4, 2006, 8:35 PM   #258

Jooby-joo:

First off, what made you think the feed spikes were the cause of your problem?

They're just tubes and their diameter is more than adequate -- any blockages will usually happen further down.

Second, why a vinegar solution for cleaning? Pour a little vinegar on a flat surface and let it dry, then feel it with a finger -- (sticky, sugary mess...)

If that stuff got into your print heads they'll probably never work again.

Head cleaning solution, an ammonia-based glass cleaner, waste ink or just plain water would have been far preferable.

Also, when you blew them out with a straw (a clean new straw, I trust), what was the air source?

If what I think it was -- ugh!

Having said that, did you make sure the spike assembly was sealed properly to its mounting (airtight) when replaced?

And that you didn't over-tighten the screws and warp either the top or bottom section? The service manual specifies 3 to 5 KG/CM torque, which is not a lot.

Any pump (and the piezo heads are pumps) will pull air rather than liquid if it can get in.

If you had the assembly off for more than a few minutes or didn't replace the carts and re-prime immediately, ink may possibly have dried in the heads as well.

You also mentioned that you continued to print with black only when the colours ceased to feed -- this may well have damaged the non-printing heads, they don't like running dry (I think the user manual warns of this, along with overdoing cleaning cycles.)

I think about all you can do now is to check that the spike assembly is properly sealed and try to work some cleaning fluid through the heads (not vinegar, PLEASE!!!)

If you read through this thread (recommended before taking any Epson printer to bits) you'll find suggested methods for doing this.

If that fails, either seek professional help (probably cost more than the printer's worth) or look for an environmentally correct receptacle.

Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 4:47 AM   #259

it seems a lot of people dont actually read through the thread properly as they ask the same questions again and again esp how 2 reset lol
Old Sep 9, 2006, 10:38 AM   #260

Hi

Will this mod work on Epson 1270?

Thanks
gfgfyugfyu is offline   Reply With Quote