Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 9, 2006, 7:19 PM   #261

Provided you can find the end of the drain tube, it will work on virtually any consumer grade Epson inkjet.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2006, 6:32 PM   #262

Well so at the end is seems it works, but do U use the big Inks (non epson cartiges) If so tell me about this page if its like the same process.

http://www.tectintas.com/product_inf...roducts_id=675

I will try to do all the stuff for the r200 but need 2 know a place to buy the Stuff (├Ânline) because i live oustide de USA , well any tips pages etc will be of great help..

pd I hate paying alot of money for the cartiges and to know that the f... pprinter wastes my ink and that maybe I could still have ink in my cartige and it sayd REPLACE.

THANKS ALOT

if so u may email me at pipechaves@hotmail.com or msn me......
felchaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2006, 7:21 PM   #263

I've not seen those cartridges before, but from the pictures they look OK.

A translation of the text in the ad would be nice -- I didn't understand a lot of it.

Provided it works as advertised you won't believe the saving in ink costs.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 10:24 PM   #264

Idle wrote:

jjajaj we are some sort in the same pint i dont dont read portuguese maybe it is, but on ebay you may find this

http://cgi.ebay.com/1140ML-CIS-INK-S...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Continuous-Ink-S...QQcmdZViewItem

the first has a video download it and you will see it( open with mplayer2 drag and drop)

is seems cool
Quote:
I've not seen those cartridges before, but from the pictures they look OK.

A translation of the text in the ad would be nice -- I didn't understand a lot of it.

Provided it works as advertised you won't believe the saving in ink costs.
felchaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2006, 11:32 PM   #265

Those are different systems to the one in your first post -- they probably work.

The first is available to US only, the second ships worldwide, both are Chinese units.

The video is probably the second worst I've ever seen -- he must have been working the camera with his left foot and he forgot to turn the lights on.

If you follow it, don't do as he did -- turn the printer off before taking screws out.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 2:47 PM   #266

After pulling out the tube I used the ssc utility, it reconizes the driver, the ink level but when I reset it says device not found... So the red leds keep blinking. What can I do?:?
alpine3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 8:30 PM   #267

Quote:
After pulling out the tube I used the ssc utility, it reconizes the driver, the ink level but when I reset it says device not found... So the red leds keep blinking. What can I do?
Quite a few people have reported this with the SSC utility -- most succeed with perseverence (in other words, keep trying.)

There's also a button-press sequence that works -- it varies between printer models so you might have to search for it.

I think you'll find it for the 'R' series in this thread somewhere.
Old Sep 25, 2006, 12:05 PM   #268

Many say that to reset just press the two red leds and power all toghetter for about 10 sec, but nothing still happens, even turn it off, unplugging, e redoing it...
alpine3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2006, 1:29 PM   #269

Hi, i have had an R300 for about 15 months, allways used compatible cartridges and for the last 6 - 8 weeks been using CIS. A couple of days ago the black stopped printing all other colours are fine and no error messages or anything.

Any ideas?

i would like to get it working again before i "try" to fit the waste pipe mod (incase the printer has shuffled of this mortal coil)

i was thinking it may be air in somewhere (as it is just black), but i'm not to sure what to try

Any help will be graciously received
gemmell13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2006, 8:09 PM   #270

Alpine 3000 -- I think I didn't properly digest your first post.

"Device not found" is very likely the clue here.

The SSC utility is possibly trying to transmit via the parallel interface instead of USB. I'm not very familiar with its internal workings, but I think you may need to check where it's searching for the printer.

This sometimes happens even with Epson's software -- several times I've had to manually set up a USB connection because the drivers looked at parallel instead.

Gemmell13 -- That it worked for 6-8 weeks suggests you may have an air leak and it's not pulling ink from the tank.

One of the few drawbacks of 'always full' chips is just that -- they consider the cart is full at all times, so if it actually runs empty you get no warning message.

Try re-priming the cartridge (push the end of a hypodermic syringe (minus needle) into the ink outlet far enough to lift the valve and pull ink through until there are no more bubbles.

If this fixes it, look for where air is getting in and breaking the vacuum.

Failing that, it may have a bad contact on the chip, a failed chip (although I think that would have other effects as well -- the black chip controls some other operations, I believe), or just air bubbles in the feed to the head.