Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 26, 2006, 4:06 AM   #271

Cheers mate, that did the trick, black is printing fine now. I drew out a syringe full and bubbles, then put the black back in the refill.

However, i thought that i would give the pads a clean, try to soak up a bit of excess ink off them with a damp cloth. The right hand side one (looking from the front), has come off and it doesn't want to go back in. Is there an easy way to get it back in?

it doesn't seem to fit so i presume it must have sort of folded into it

Thanks again
John

Picture is better than my explanation

Attached Images

gemmell13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2006, 9:48 AM   #272

Thanks Idle for your help.

I checked the driver and port, everything seems to be fine. I took the printer to a cartrige shop to reset the cartrige, but the problem remains.

Using the SSC utility, if I use the soft reset, the printer resets, but when I check the ink monitor of the utility, it says fatal error. If I launch a test report of the utility, looks like the program locks up. A lot of peaple solved the problem with the R200, but this one seem to be a bit problematic. Looks like the only way is using a hammer!
alpine3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2006, 8:17 PM   #273

Gemmell13: Took a look at mine -- it has a rectangular slot at one end that fits over a plastic protrusion, presumably to hold it in place, and otherwise appears loose and just resting there.

Its purpose seems to be to collect any splash created when the carriage changes direction quickly -- I'd say just force it back in the best way you can if it doesn't drop into place (the under-part may have swollen with the absorption of ink, or you may have squeezed it out of shape in handling.)

Make sure the top of it is below the travel line of the print heads so they don't hit it.

As you've found out, it's not a good idea to take parts like that out of the machine unless you really must.

A service centre wouldn't bother putting it back -- they'd install a new one (and charge you for it, of course...)

Alpine3000: I'd not be surprised if your R200 has something loose or a bad contact (no real idea what, though -- it's a bit hard to see down the wire...)

Might even be something obstructing head movement -- if I recall correctly an overload on the drive motor provokes a 'fatal error' message, as do quite a number of other things.

Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2006, 4:09 PM   #274

Hi Idle,

Done the mod, fantastic!

If you're ever in South West Wales, I'll take you up to our pub for a few beers.

I found some narrow tube in a tropical fish shop, it's used for the air supply to the tanks. This fits exactly over the waste ink tube to extend it. The little ink pump seems quite powerful and the ink spurts out into a plastic dump bottle as you suggested.

Back in business in ten minutes.

Thanks again.

Stargate
stargate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 3:32 PM   #275

Idle, I just followed your guide to extract the waste ink tube from my R200via the back of the printer andthe tube ripped in half!!! i have a long piece with me disconnected from the printer & a very short length of tube inside pointing downwards &straight out the trapdoor! help! :?

i have C44 and C46 epson printers that died a long time ago in my loft that i kept thinking i might be able to repair one day or use for spares. could i use the waste ink tubes in these to replace the one in the R200? if so, how do i go about dismantling the things to attempt a repair? bear in mind i am a complete novice when it comes to printers..

Im sure its not youradvice at fault here, more like my bull-in-a-china-shop approach to servicing. any help greatly appreciated.
bigpantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 8:32 PM   #276

If you've done what I think you have , I doubt you'll be able to get it back in -- what puzzles me is how you managed to pull it out, it's usually firmly anchored.

All you needed to do was find the free end and guide it out the opening, which doesn't require any great amount of force to be applied.

I use a hook made from a piece of thin wire that slides easily along the tube as it's drawn out the opening.

From the service manual (which is not all that easy to follow -- it's not something I've had to do as yet so can't speak from direct knowledge), re-installing the waste ink tube entails a virtually complete dismantle of the printer.

Dismantling the thing isn't all that hard -- re-assembling and getting it to work again is...

These machines are assembled and aligned on a jig (there's even a special jig for aligning the waste tube!), putting it together without one will make it more than difficult to get it printing correctly.

You will find a URL for the R200 service manual elsewhere in this thread -- if you can't get it, PM me your email address & I'll send you a copy.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 10:37 AM   #277

Have you read what the epson r200 manuals says, (here you find it: http://www.manualshark.org/p/epson-2...hoto-r200-284/) btw, here are the other user's guides:

epson user's guides: http://www.manualshark.org/b/epson-2/

i hope this helps.
epsonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 5:58 PM   #278

Those seem only to be the Epson-supplied user guides, which don't tell users how to fix anything more serious than a paper jam (sometimes not even that) -- what mechanically savvy owners really need are the factory service manuals.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 5:13 AM   #279

I still dont know how to do it to my r340 yet as the rubber tube is positioned in the front. I'll have to dismantle it. Anyone?
fotolode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 9:43 PM   #280

Was wondering if anyone could help me out?

I recently bought a CIS for my R200. All was fine for the first 5 prints, but half way through my 6th print there was extreme banding. Then the colours seemed to fade out.

After that i press print, It looks like its printing but no colour goes onto the paper....

No idea what to do. Asked a few friends and they said, if there is no colour what so ever then it maybe software/drivers rather than my printer.

I reinstalled all the drivers, but its made no difference what so ever.

Can you give me some suggestions?

Thank you

David
Davidneedshelp is offline   Reply With Quote