Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 16, 2007, 8:51 PM   #301

Take the trapdoor off.

Quite close to it and down a bit you'll see a block of white foam plastic that's loose.

Lift it up and you'll see the tube underneath -- it's clear with a green stripe.

Carefully work the free end out through the trapdoor -- be careful not to put strain on the attached part in case you pull it off or tear it (ham-fisted people have done both, and if you do you might as well dump the printer.)

Your service depot made an easy five quid...
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2007, 9:31 PM   #302

thanx very much idle,4 hours at it on own.after your reply 5 mins out pops a little tube.you could say i feel a big tube.i noticed on web that a chip reset tool is available,so i am going to buy 1,and also pc world in uk is selling the r220 for 49 uk pounds.so get that as well might come in handy in couple years when this one dies.again many thanks.i will sort small hole in trapdoor and find small bottle later as its 3:30 am uk.glad i found this forum last night.will pass onto friend as he has same printer.in my books ur the man
ray156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2007, 9:32 AM   #303

All manuals here http://www.eserviceinfo.com/ are free - including a resetter for the R200 that works even when both red lights are flashing and the SSC utility fails to reset them.

Thanks for tip on new waste ink reservoir - works a treat.
motordrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2007, 8:43 PM   #304

Greetings,
Can the ink be re-used after recovering?
I looked through this thread, and didn't see that mentioned,
Thanks!
David
greenpeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2007, 7:49 PM   #305

So long as you keep it scrupulously clean and free from solids, yes.

Note it's a mix of all colours, so it won't give you a true black and you shouldn't use it if you're going to print photo's, but for knockabout text work where actual shades don't matter it would be OK.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 12:10 AM   #306

Hi Idle,

I have a R300 giving me that wonderful "General Error" message, I have done the mod and reset the counter and its still a no go. When I go to power it up, it will move all the way to the right and make a loud grinding sound and then the sound of air going into the resavoir. I do notice an excess of ink on some of the parts under the carridge and some splatter inside. Its my sisters printer, she has already boughten a new one, just don't want to throw this one away, if I can get it working. Any help would be great.

Corey
wis_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2007, 2:45 AM   #307

Sounds like the machine is losing track of the head position during setup.

Cleaning the plastic strip above the carriage drive belt and (if you can find it) the sensor on the back of the carriage might help.

'the sound of air going into the reservoir' I'm unfamiliar with -- can you explain further?

"general error" isn't the one you get when the counter requires resetting -- it just means the machine malfunctioned -- which you already knew.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 11:59 AM   #308

Ok, it has learned a new trick today. I power it up, and the carriage will move up and down a little and then move to the right and then I get the error. I must not have heard that air going into the reservoir, I apologize.

Old Feb 6, 2007, 9:32 PM   #309

The moving up and down a little is a normal part of the setup routine at turn-on.

You remark that the carriage moves to the right -- is that to your right when you stand facing the printer, or does it move to the opposite end?

If it just moves up and down and a small distance to the right, perhaps the carriage lock isn't releasing or something is physically blocking movement -- the machine will sense an overload on the belt and you'll get the 'general error' message.

You can move the carriage manually (with the printer turned off) by releasing the lock, which you'll find adjacent to the carriage and between the guide rail and the drive belt.

Just lift it with the tip of a small screwdriver or similar -- the carriage is then free to move and you can look for anything that may be stopping it.

Old Feb 6, 2007, 11:09 PM   #310

The carriage moves to the right when I am facing it. I think the carriage lock isn't releasing. When I turn the printer off and unlock the carriage it seems to glide pretty smooth and then when I turn it back on I notice that the lock doesn't move at all when it sets itself.