Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 6, 2007, 11:54 PM   #311

That's probably it.

When you turn the printer on, the lock should kick out of the way (rotate upwards) quite smartly.

It's quite possible that something has come loose.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2007, 12:22 AM   #312

Yup that was it for that problem, I just took a piece a tape and taped it up out of the way. Sigh....now I am getting a "Paper Load Error". It goes through its thing on start up but there is a whining sound thats coming from the carriage belt, but the carriage still moves.
wis_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2007, 2:29 AM   #313

It may be that the machine has slipped its timing, possibly from a major paper jam or something like that.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 7:46 PM   #314

I suppose there is no easy fix for that huh? The LCD on the printer says "Printer Load Error" then the program on my computer says to close the cd/dvd tray and that the paper is not loaded correctly.
wis_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2007, 9:32 PM   #315

No, there isn't -- it's a major stripdown, for which you need the service manual -- just getting the top cover off is quite a chore, and the further in you go the more complex it gets.

You could try making sure that the CD tray is turning itself off correctly when closed, but I think the trouble will be deeper in than that.

If the timing is out, every test it runs on startup will be in error -- bypass one and another pops up.

At least, you now have an opportunity to learn something of what's inside the thing -- if you get it to work, that will be a bonus...
Old Feb 16, 2007, 11:51 AM   #316

If it helps, here's a video of modding the R300's Waste Ink Tank based on what I saw on these forums.

It took me about 10 minutes from start to finish, not knowing what I was doing.

The 2 best things I did were wear rubber gloves and put newspaper on the table.

I'll try to find some good background music later to make it all trendy, but for now hopefully it will help make the mod a little more clear.
OneSeventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 2:57 AM   #317

I was unable to reach the pads since i had to make a real sergury in my R300. I did the tank mode but i couldnt reset the printer with the 3 button trick and still i got the error message. I managed to download the new Epson's sscserve.exe but i suceed nothing.

Should I send it for service? any help for reaching the pads?

Please help!!!

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"(double post)
paliakos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 3:51 AM   #318

There have been some reported cases of the SSC utility not working -- sometimes this has proved to be the user not really understanding what to do.

Did you access the program via right click on the taskbar icon and use the 'protection counter' option?

With the 3-button reset, it's probably best to completely remove power from the printer for a while first (you might also try it with the data cable disconnected), and also note you need to hold the buttons down for an appreciable time -- not just a quick press.

Beyond that, there's not much help I can offer.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 8:03 AM   #319

I always liked to use regular ink type pens to write with. The ones I use have the cartridges in them and so now I refill them with the ink from the printer. Be careful though, just like the printers they will dry out if the cap is left off.
stetwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2007, 3:26 PM   #320

:?
I just joined this forum but read a lot of postings related to Epson ink jet cartridges. I have been using the company called Island Ink-Jet and refilled my cartridges multiple times with them. Excellent quality of ink and service. In addition to Epson they refill all brand name ink and laser toner cartridges (Dell, HP, Lexmark, Sharp, Canon, etc. The good thing is that you may place your order via phone (215) 757-2500 or via email:
oxfordcourt@islandinkjet.com. Their office is located in Langhorne, Pennsylvania.
rika1ba is offline   Reply With Quote