Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 13, 2007, 11:33 PM   #341

thanks!! i was able to redirect my r200 for the waste tube and reset it. i had the flashing red led.

now my concern is, my colors isn't correct as before. i did a clean and not all the lines are showing up. so am i supposed to do the clean 25 times in a row? i have done 15 already and not all the lines are correct still. i've notice the more cleaning i do the more ink i waste.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
kracksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2007, 3:53 AM   #342

Maybe you have a cart or carts running on empty — are you using a CIS?

Just resetting the waste counter shouldn't cause any problem, but you won't get a clean nozzle check if there's no ink to print one.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2007, 1:27 AM   #343

yes I am using a CIS so it can't be empty. all inks are solid in the jar plus throughout the tube to the cartridges.

i counted so far, i have done 30 head clean and still 1 1/2 aren't connected all the way. should I do more?

or how can i get this calibrated. i am wasting so much ink calibrating this so far for 30 head clean.

and how does it get off so much?
Old May 15, 2007, 2:54 AM   #344

ok I've done this clean head just over 50 times. every block is straight except Light Cyan. do I have a clog or something? if so what can I do to clean it?

and I've wasted tons of ink by cleaning this over 50 times.
Attached Images

Old May 15, 2007, 7:27 AM   #345

Don't take it as read that just because you have a CIS you'll never get empty carts.

Some of the cheaper carts have 'O' rings that aren't exactly the best around and can leak air at the outlet port, thus losing the vacuum.

If this happens the cart can run empty, leak ink into the printer or cause air bubbles in the print head (probably 80-90% of all inkjet clogs are caused by air bubbles.)

I'd pull any cart that isn't giving a clean check and prime it.

To do this, hold the cart so that the outlet port is the lowest point, insert the end of a hypodermic (minus nozzle) into the outlet far enough to lift the valve and pull ink through until there are no bubbles appearing (the ink pulled through can go back into the bottle.)

Old May 15, 2007, 9:16 AM   #346

thanks for the suggestion but I don't understand what you are saying. i'm not a printer technician and don't know all the parts you are saying.

but basically i will need to clean out my air bubbles right? or the reason why i'm getting this is because of air bubbles and not clogs?
Old May 15, 2007, 8:32 PM   #347

There's really nothing very technical about it, but rather than launch into a long explanation of how CIS systems work (or don't work...) and how to fix them, I'll point you to a couple of threads elsewhere.

If you take the time to read through them (they do contain a lot of extraneous material — just like this one...) you should have a better knowledge of where they're likely to go wrong and what to do about it.

http://forum.videohelp.com/topic265796.html

http://forum.videohelp.com/topic241206.html

Edit: I just noticed that in my previous post I said to use a hypodermic syringe minus nozzle — this of course should have read minus needle — and you need to insert itfar enough to lift the sealing valve in the outlet, otherwise it won't pull any ink through.
Old May 22, 2007, 11:52 AM   #348

:|Can someone tell me why my r340 will sometimes decide not to print cd's but will print paper anytime w/my ebay bought cis. When it goes to load cd, it moves to left, sits down, then goes up and then all the way to right, and cd tray ejects in front. when it decided to print, (don't know how to make that happen) it goes to left, sits down, goes up, and slides halfway to right and starts printing on disc. anyone?? Btw,modding the r340took a whole 2 minutes. The access door is bigger, and the hose is right there. I didn't drill or anything for warrantee reasons.. easy to put hose back in. btw the white things had a little blue ink on it!! Oh. I did put original epson cartriges back in and it still doesn't want to print on cd. keeps giving error tray not loaded correctly (but it is...) also please note, when it won't print on cd/dvd, it will print on paper.. I turned off the printer, for 30 minutes, turned back on, now it wants to print on dvd's any one else having this phenonemn

oherc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2007, 8:43 PM   #349

It may have decided the tray isn't loaded correctly, or it might be a bug in the firmware, or it might be a data error, or it might be something else again...

It seems to me that sometimes the printer's memory isn't properly cleared after a print job finishes.

I lean towards buggy firmware — that it usually clears itself after removing power for a while suggests this — rather than a mechanical error such as failing to trip a micro switch or a relay.

It's not confined to the R340 — earlier models do it too, and Epson should have sorted it by now (if they care, which I doubt.)

It's nothing to do with the type of cartridge used, and I've found it happens most often when changing from one type of printing to another (text to CD, for instance, which involves different firmware.)
Old May 23, 2007, 8:48 AM   #350

how long do I need to turn it off to do that, I think you nailed it idle. I do switch from cd to paper... but this time, i did cd, fell asleep, woke up, and tried cd again. I think maybe if i leave epson printcd open, maybe it won't mess up so much. Also is there a faster way to reset firmware. I did try the 3 button trick, to no avail. Oh I think my 340 knows I hate it!! i left it off for an hour, turned back on, will only print to paper, it'll go left, down, up and instead of stopping halfway going back right, it goes and parks and after playing w/my cd tray, teasing me, it kicks it out. What sucks, is that it does everything right, up to when it says, "sike!!"
oherc is offline   Reply With Quote