Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 13, 2007, 9:59 AM   #351

Idle, let me add my thanks to the many others that you have already received. I do have a question that I am afraid I know the answer to, but thought I'd ask you, just in case.The lights on my R200are already flashing and the printer does not respond to computer commands. If i use the ssc utility, I get the message, "printer off, or some other problem". If I try the epson status monitor it tells me "printer is not ready to print." I want to make the modification with the external waste tank, but is it too late? Am I stuck with either getting the printer professionally serviced (not worth the $) or discarding it and getting a new one?

Thanks
LuisH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2007, 10:34 AM   #352

Old Jun 13, 2007, 10:36 AM   #353

Sorry about all the posts. It was not intentional.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 10:51 PM   #354

If it's the ink and paper out lights flashing alternately, then you've got the 'waste pads full' message.

If so, turn the printer off and, holding the 'ink' and 'form feed' buttons down, switch on the printer.

Continue holding the buttons down for 10-12 seconds, release all, switch off the printer and turn it on again.

The error should now be cleared.

The switch off operation is essential — this is what sets the changes in the printer's flash memory.

Alternatively use the SSC utility — right click on the icon to bring up the menu and use the protection counter reset function.

Again turn the printer off to lock in the command.

If these suggestions don't work, please post which lights are flashing plus the sequence and timing from the list below.

Note sometimes these printers will get their firmware in a knot for no particular reason — often the fix here is to pull the power for a few minutes (not just switch off — disconnect from the wall.)

As a rule when this happens there will be no response at the computer end and jobs will just sit in the print buffer waiting for the printer to accept them.

(I hope I've got all this right — my memory's not what it was...)

R200/210 Blink timings:

Blink: 0.5 sec on, 0.5 sec off
Alternate Blink: Same, but 2 LED's blinking alternately.
Alternate Blink 2: 0.2 sec on, 0.2 sec off
Fast Blink: 0.1 sec on, 0.1 sec off

The maintenance request (ink pads full) error is:
Power LED: Off. Paper out LED (centre one) Alternate blink 1. Ink LED: Alternate Blink 2.

Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2007, 9:36 AM   #355

I tried disconnecting power and reconnected after about 1/2 hour. No change. I tried holding down the two buttons and turning on the printer but again no positive results. I tried the SSC utility, but it just gives me the "Printer off, or some other problem!" error message.

The blinking is alternate. When I turn it on, it starts with the ink LED and alternates with the paper LED. The power LED goes off and the others continue alternating at .5 seconds.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 1:18 PM   #356

I just pulled the end from my Epson R200 printer to get a good look at where the waste tube is and found that it's clean! Shouldn't there be SOME ink in this tube?

I'm planning on doing the waste tank mod and a continuous ink system... I sure hope that the waste isn't just pooling inside the printer!!!

Attached are photo's for those still not sure what they're looking for.
Attached Images

snorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2007, 1:21 PM   #357

And my second photo, from the hatch in the rear of the R200...

Old Jun 14, 2007, 1:21 PM   #358

Sorry for the duplications... I only hit SEND once.

Of course I hit PREVIEW a few times when it looked like the page was frozen.
Attached Files
File Type: (0, 0 views)
Old Jun 15, 2007, 4:19 AM   #359

LuisH:

Try this: Turn the printer on.
Wait until it becomes static.
Press all 3 buttons simultaneously and hold them down for about 12-15 seconds.
If any reaction, wait until it settles down
Turn printer off, wait a while and turn it on again.

If that doesn't reset it then — I dunno...

Some people have had success by persevering with the attempt.

Snorton:

Ink doesn't usually stick to the plastic tubing used in these printers, so unless it actually pools inside they'll always look clean.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2007, 9:48 AM   #360

Hopefully someone can help.

I have a R300 and I often get faint black dots on my prints usually running the length of an A4 sheet about an inch from the LH side (or lower side when viewed landscape) These dots are not uniform and appear random and can vary in size. I also get them when I print on a printable DVD. The reason I'm posting this here is I'm suspecting it could be linked with a cleanliness or surplus ink issue. The printer is 2 years old but only had light use - the reset message has not appeared yet. Apart from the dots it prints well and rarely needs nozzle cleaning.

Ideas appreciated.

Thanks.
GGEESSBB is offline   Reply With Quote