Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 15, 2007, 6:51 AM   #381

If it's just overnight I wouldn't be too worried — it doesn't evaporate that fast once you've mixed the window cleaner or other chemical into the ink.

If the possibility worries you, just put a bottle-top or something on top of the spike.

The long button press at turn-on is quite normal and there's probably a reason for it — I've never really enquired as to what it is.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 8:19 AM   #382

well, after soaking and retrying etc I still can't get two absolutely stubborn nozzles in the C and LC to print. even after several head cleans and about 20ml of ink wasted (each color), yesterday I got a general error msg on the screen. Did the 3 button thing and it cleared only to come back again. Then as I was about to bring it back to the store today, it worked again! Now I am not gonna mess with it anymore as I have the CISS installed and running perfectly fine (except for the three missing bars or hyphens in C, LC and M in the nozzle check.

I find that if I print normal quality photos then the banding is very obvious but if I print "super high", the results are just as good as on my canon p3000 and epson C59 "high quality" setting. I get even better results even with the clogged bars if I use Photo RPM with MicroWeave turned on. So since that's what I print at most of the time, I really don't mind. What I'd like to know is if in the long term, will the clogged nozzles have a damaging effect on the printer? I know with Canon it does (my ip3000's head burned) as the canon uses heat and no ink flowing meant a burned up head. But the epson doesn't use heat technology right?

I guess I can always send it for warranty service but I am using a CISS and they'd probably be able to tell even if i put the originals back in? if it has no long term adverse effects i really don't mind as printing in super high quality, the 2 or 3 nozzles clogging has no real effect on output.
mzms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 9:12 PM   #383

Well, I guess that's up to you.

The stuck nozzles might come back in the long term — then again they might not.

A "general error" will often clear if you turn the printer off at the wall for a few minutes — these machines have an endearing habit of getting their memory in a knot.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 1:40 AM   #384

i let it soak overnight once more time with window cleaner and this time, the one clogged cyan nozzle shows signs of life! but it's very faint, still, at least that's an improvement. i did about 10 cleaning cycles and filled up a whole bottle of waste ink. now i am just going to let it be and hopefully theink in the clogged nozzles will dissolve with time. the light cyan lone clogged nozzle shows no improvement however. but at least the print outs are just as gorgeous as any other printer.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 4:56 PM   #385

after printing about another 35 pieces of A4 borderless pics, and further overnight soaking, the clogged cyan nozzle is now free yay! and the single clogged light cyan is now showing signs of life as well, a very faint thin line. hopefully it too will also unclog fully with time.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 11:23 PM   #386

Hi There
Does anyone out there know how to reset an Epson RX510 and RX630?.
The config. is not available for these 2 at sscserve.exe.
Austalian Models?
The info for the waste bottles is fantastic. thanks
Austees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2007, 1:57 AM   #387

Here you'll find the service program for RX640 (probably the same.)

You might have to set your system date back before it will work — many of these programs time out.

Warning: Russian site — often slow.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 2:34 AM   #388

Thanks very much. I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know how it goes
Austees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2007, 12:57 PM   #389

just wanted to help:

r230 service manual:

http://rapidshare.com/files/57048381/R220-R230.pdf
tiborok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2007, 10:34 PM   #390

My R200 has the blinking red lights. fast and in unison. I have read through the posts and tried the utility, but could not get through to the printer in this state. I have tried resetting , turning on and off, letting sit for a couple days, you name it. But from reading it has something to do with the unison fast flashing red lights instead of the altenating. HELP!
porkmeet is offline   Reply With Quote