Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 3, 2005, 6:25 AM   #31

When you say stop maintenance and power button, I have and Epson R210 with button on top from left ink paper power, are these the same buttons.

My R210 has stopped printing due to service message after printing about 5000 average A4 pages,on continuous flow system, which surprised me, my Canon i865 has done a lot more printing than that without requiring service for purge tank
laikanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2005, 10:18 PM   #32

Is there a similar setup for Canon printers (Pixma Range) where a tube leads from cleaning station to purge tank and could possibly diverted outside the printer to a separate tank
laikanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2005, 8:22 PM   #33

I can't answer your query on the reset buttons, for I don't have the R200 service manual, however you can download the free SSC service program and reset the counter with that (you'll find the URL elsewhere in this thread.)

Re the apparently short service life before the ink-pad full message comes up, it seems to be set mainly by guess -- the R300 manual says the counter is to be set 'somewhere between 20000 and 45000' (I forget the exact wording) so it could vary quite a lot between individual printers.

They don't say what is actually counted, though -- it might even be A4 pages @ 5% coverage, as is used to make you think cartridges will last longer than they really do, which would make your 5000 A4 pages between resets credible.

Never having looked at the innards of a Canon printer, I can't answer that query, but they'd have to apply vacuum to clean the heads and also move the waste ink somehow so I'd guess the answer would be yes.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2005, 1:50 PM   #34

Thanks alot for the advice i did mines here's the image it may not look googd but it woks fine.
Attached Images

BARRETT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2005, 2:25 PM   #35

[align=left]:lol:Looks like a Java-based solution to me![/align]
Paulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2005, 4:25 PM   #36

Great advice idle, my questionsare .... my r200 is probably near to getting the dreaded message of doom, If i adopt this method does the pads just stay at the current level of saturation so there is no need for me to clean them and also is the tube i pull out from the printer capped (sealed) at the loose end to stop the ink coming thru or is it just an overflow tube that comes into effect when the pads are full of ink ?

Can this be used on my old but trusty C40UX printer because it too is probably not long from giving me a messy overflow situation, I have reset the counters on this twice but I dont like to start taking it to bits to get to the pads to clean them.

By the way, you are far from idle, I got here from a link from a forum about the best cis and if you are the same idle that posts there then I hope you are feeling a lot better after your illness, geez all the 80 odd year olds I know wouldnt even know how to switch on a pc, you are a man of great intelligence. Keep up the good work helping us with a lower level of intelligence :G

parman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2005, 8:08 PM   #37

Quote:
Great advice idle, my questionsare .... my r200 is probably near to getting the dreaded message of doom, If i adopt this method does the pads just stay at the current level of saturation so there is no need for me to clean them and also is the tube i pull out from the printer capped (sealed) at the loose end to stop the ink coming thru or is it just an overflow tube that comes into effect when the pads are full of ink ?

Can this be used on my old but trusty C40UX printer because it too is probably not long from giving me a messy overflow situation, I have reset the counters on this twice but I dont like to start taking it to bits to get to the pads to clean them.
1:- It's a drain tube through which ink from the suction pump that does the head cleans is pumped to the pads -- see my text and photo at the top of this thread for what to do with it.

If you do this you shouldn't have to replace the waste pads, but will have to reset the counter when the time comes.

2:- I expect it can also be used on the C40xx or any other mid/lower-end Epson, but don't ask me where the tube is...

3:- More-or-less over the wog -- still coughing a fair bit.

4:- Re intelligence -- the jury's still out on that one...
Old Aug 15, 2005, 8:39 PM   #38

parman wrote:
Quote:
My r200 was overfull by the time I got the message of doom. I did the tube thing, I thought I was safe, my desk disagress with me. Diaper replacement is free under warranty.. take advantage of it. If not... I think a nice wet dry vac might reduce your waste ink to an acceptable level.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2005, 4:18 PM   #39

I have a question about the sscserve.exe program. I've altered my printer, have the tube running out below the little hatch door into a small Rubbermaid baby bottle.. venting works great, just leave up the little drinking tube. Back to the problem.. I installed the sscserve program and have ran it a couple of times. There is a "reset the counter" action which I clicked on. But when I print something, the service message pops up and stays up until the print job is completed. Is there anyway, and if so, how.. to make the service message stop popping up ...other than replacing the pads?
Bill Rister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2005, 9:09 PM   #40

The pads (which are only bits of absorbent plastic) wouldn't have anything to do with the message you're getting -- yours is the first report I've seen of it.

I'd try for info straight from the horse's mouth:-

http://www.ssclg.com/cgi-bin/netboar...;fct=gotoforum

There's also a new version (4.0) of the program.