Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 3, 2008, 8:41 PM   #441

I just lost the cyan recently (likea week ago). I thought it was printing with a color shift, and that's when everyting went crazy. I thank you for all your help and knowledge. Once I learn the inner working of the R300 maybe I can help dispense help as well.
blcksmth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2008, 3:18 PM   #442

Well, after ALOT of disassembly I was able to get to the 3/16 clear tube that attaches to the ink pickup pad. And I was able to repair it by installing a 1/8" to 1/16" plastic barb fitting between the black and clear tubes. Recharged the ink and everything is working 100%. I also checked the ink pick-up pads and THEY'RE HUGE, they fill the whole bottom of the printer. Mine have a minimal amount of in on them, and seeing how I've used this printed since 11/2005, I wonder how long this tube has been off?

Thanks a million to IDLE for all your help, I now feel like I can repair just about anything on this printer, parts are available.
blcksmth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2008, 4:47 AM   #443

Glad you've been successful.

Most problems with these things have a work-around — all you have to do is find it.

Re the ink pads — they do become full eventually.

Some users have even had floods out the base of their printers, which is why Epson put a time-out on the amount of printing the machine does between pad changes.

Mine has had to be reset twice so far, but of course with a waste tank fitted before it was first fired up the original pads are still almost brand new.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2008, 6:04 AM   #444

Idle wrote:
Quote:
Mine has had to be reset twice so far, but of course with a waste tank fitted before it was first fired up the original pads are still almost brand new.
... which means Idle will be putting his pads on ebay soon
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2008, 6:13 AM   #445

If I keep them for another 47 years, they'll be officially antiques — as also will I... :-)
Old May 10, 2008, 6:14 AM   #446

Idle wrote:
Quote:
If I keep them for another 47 years, they'll be officially antiques — as also will I...
Roll up, roll up... one genuine antique inkjet geek, going for a song... what am I bid.. :lol::lol:
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2008, 6:49 AM   #447

thanks idle u are very great im so lucky to found u its working
manishweta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2008, 12:18 PM   #448

hello

ok i got an epson R300 and heres the problem

at first it was printing with pinkin the background but got rid of that with countless head cleans and now the cartridge 2nd from the left (cyan) wont print at all

Iv put new cartridges in and still no joy and now iv used half the ink up on head cleans

anyone got any idea's

thanks
fubar73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2008, 7:58 PM   #449

First, have you tried reading this thread? — I know it's long, but the subject does come up now and then.

You might try a few drops of ammonia-based glass cleaner on the head parking pad.

Park the heads and leave overnight, then run a head clean and nozzle check. For a bad head clog you might have to do it more than once.

If you download and install the SSC utility (Google for it) it will give you some useful head cleaning options that the Epson software doesn't have.
Old May 31, 2008, 3:31 AM   #450

Thanks for the reply Idle

i have read most of the posts and followed some of the info

ok the heads are not blocked i managed to syringe head cleaner through the heads

with ease so that wasnt the problem

refittedthe print head and yay still no cyan so no further forward:sad:

i do have the epson utility prog but still no joy

iv also used the epson adjustment program and still nothing

fubar73 is offline   Reply With Quote