Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 30, 2008, 3:48 AM   #461

thanks for the reply

i can rule out the printer driver as this happens even if the printer is disconnected from the pc

iv checked and there is nothing stuck under the heads

the pink happens only on the print area

fubar73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2008, 4:54 AM   #462

Given that, my guess is that there's something causing a signal to reach one of the colour heads — since the shade is pink, most likely the light magenta.

It could be a minor short, a bad contact, a part failing or even crosstalk somewhere in the circuit.

Even a drop of dried ink or a speck of conductive dust can cause a leak between adjacent tracks and it takes just a tickle to activate a head.

Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2008, 5:10 AM   #463
wic

Hello everyone,

I am pleased to see the solution to place a little bottle by the R300 printer to solve the waste ink pad problems.

But what to do with the already filled up waste ink pads when you discover the previous solution too late ? (and you don't want to dismantle your beloved printer)

This is what I did (maybe it is already in the forum but I didn't find it)

I have disposed very gently by the backdoora paper towel (previously rolled in length to give it the shape of a paper rocket). I have ducked this paper towel with a thin tool toward the inside bottom of the printer.

And then I had to wait for the capillarity to do its work (overnight) : then the paper towel wa all black with wasted ink,you can do it as many times as it is necessary.

I don't know if it drains all the wasted ink of all the pads because I didn't open the printer but anyway it should drain all the overflow because the paper towel dives down to the bottom of the printer.

I hope that'll help someone.

As I have a 1290Epson printer (A3) (almost new so with not-to-be-filled-up-pads-too-quickly),I wonder if it is possible to adjust a side bottle as for the R300 series

Could anyone help me about that ?

Bye

I have enclosed some snapshots where you will see the paper towel becoming blacker and blacker (as fas as it went Ihave extracted ink with 5paper towels, and it still goes on)

Attached Images

wic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2008, 6:06 AM   #464

For the 1280/1290 printer, look here:

http://www.piedmont-digital-graphics...-ink-tank.html
Old Jul 31, 2008, 7:35 AM   #465
wic

Thank you Idle.

:idea:

Have a nice day.

Old Aug 6, 2008, 5:13 AM   #466
wic

Hello

still some image of ink extraction :

(after more than 12 hours)
Attached Images

Old Aug 6, 2008, 5:14 AM   #467
wic

and then you can dump the black soaked paper

and go on with another new paper towel.
Attached Images

Old Aug 7, 2008, 5:52 PM   #468

hello, i need some printer help, i have a epson r300, i was having trouble with the black ink when printing on dvds had white lines in it, was really bad, so i got 6 cleaning carts the other day i thought this would cure the problem, err nah made it worse when i did a nozzle check nearly all the lines were missing did loads of head cleaning could not shift it, so tonight i took the heads out and flushed water through them went fine, put it all back together, inks in, come to do a nozzle check and now wont priint nowt, done head cleaning loads of times, now i'm fresh outta ideas its gonna go out the window soon lol, any ideas/help please please please.
lofty1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2008, 10:12 PM   #469

When you flushed water through the heads, what did you do it with?

Heads are ceramic and fragile, plus the electronics aren't the least bit keen on getting wet.

Is ink coming through when you do head cleans?
Old Aug 8, 2008, 3:25 AM   #470

thanks for the reply, yeah when i do a head clean ink is still coming out, got the tube coming out the back, when i flushed it i just give it a dry, i dont think i got water into the conectors when i flushed it.
lofty1976 is offline   Reply With Quote