Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Apr 14, 2009, 4:42 PM   #481

have been bugged by the general error many times and have a solution that works on my printer, apoligies if this has been posted before.
1 switch printer off
2 drop the CD flap down
3 push the CD printing tray in half way
4 turn the printer on
5 remove the CD tray when prompted
my printer then goes through the start up process and works fine.

Gray100
gray100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2009, 3:21 PM   #482

hi this is my first message to this forum: very interested in the ink waste system that "Idle" has shoen for epson printers. I have 2 issues to take up 1. can you help me with the fitting of such to a Epson R300 and the Epson PX700W. and can 2. show or explain where the tube goes to while inside the printer(s) since you posted this about the year 2005 there may be newer or other ways to do this. any help would be appreacatied. I has had this "Serviced required" box on the r300 and of course it has died so am hopeful that with the postings help to get this going again.
mant thanks
btclovelly
barry@btclovelly.co.uk
btclovelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2009, 2:24 PM   #483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle View Post
Glad to be of help.

Something that interests me -- I've noticed a lot of reports of the waste ink indicator shutting down these printers (R200/310/300/310 etc.) and yet they haven't been around all that long.

When I tested mine, I did so with the card reader and noticed it did a full head clean before every print job, pumping out each time about as much as it did on the initial prime.

For only a very few test prints it pumped out quite a lot of ink -- the bottle, which is about 2" square, had nearly a quarter-inch of ink in it and the CIS reservoirs went down noticeably.

It's now been on the computer for some weeks, done a lot of printing from it including several full A4 photo's, been turned on and off many times and has still only run a head clean twice, covering only a small part of the bottom of the same bottle, plus the reservoirs aren't going down much at all.

Makes me wonder if there's a bug in the firmware that runs stand-alone printing?
Thanks for posting this..
4 years later, still a great help for many Epson users
agott123
agott123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2009, 6:32 PM   #484

Quote:
Originally Posted by btclovelly View Post
1. can you help me with the fitting of such to a Epson R300
The R300 has been documented many times in this thread but for simplicity this link provides all the information on resetting and photos guides on how to do it without forcing you to get through the whole thread.

Quote:
and the Epson PX700W
The PX700W is presumably very similar to the PX800FW in that there's a metal plate on the base of the printer and this is where the waste ink tank is located.

I have put together a guide on how to complete the PX800FW modification but I'm waiting for confirmation of whether the modification misses a key drain that's separate to the waste pump tubing. Once I have a more definitive answer the guide will be going up on wasteink.co.uk

The only problem beyond that is that there is currently no reset utility to handle the counter so until that is released or made available you could only get the counter reset by an Epson certified technician.

Quote:
2. show or explain where the tube goes to while inside the printer(s) since you posted this about the year 2005 there may be newer or other ways to do this. any help would be appreacatied. I has had this "Serviced required" box on the r300 and of course it has died so am hopeful that with the postings help to get this going again.
All the information above should help you with all these queries...

All the best

Martin
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2009, 2:32 PM   #485

Default Flashing lights

Hi, I have the ink pad full issue and have followed the advice on how to reset the count. The problem I have is that the alternating lights appear to override the power light (it isn't on) so the utility thinks the printer is turned off. I have managed to get it to say the counters have been reset but I don't think it's worked as the lights are still flashing. I keep getting a status monitor pop up that says printer is not ready to print. If I hold the print button down when I turn the printer on the paper feed/waste and green power flash in unison for about 10 seconds before the red lights start alternating again. These red lights appear to be stopping me from resetting the printer, any ideas how to get around this? Your help is much appreciated.
Thanks
sharpypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2009, 10:50 AM   #486

my epson 1390 printer displays "Parts inside your printer are near the end of their service life. See your printer documentation." what i do plz help thnx
m10s10k20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2009, 7:56 PM   #487

That's the dreaded "ink pads full" message it's well documented in this thread.

Also look for Websnail's excellent help files etc.

I don't think I have the required info for the 1390 (might have, but the device I keep them on has been out of action for a while, so I can't check 'til I put it back together.)

Not all that well ATM, so that might be a while.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2009, 8:00 PM   #488

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpypaul View Post
Hi, I have the ink pad full issue and have followed the advice on how to reset the count. ... (snip)
If you could specify which printer you're trying to reset that would help me point you in the direction of the right information..

Quote:
Originally Posted by m10s10k20
my epson 1390 printer displays "Parts inside your printer are near the end of their service life. See your printer documentation." what i do plz help thnx
See this post about the 1390:
epson stylus photo 1390 service required

@Idle: Been ill for a week... Not been fun at all, especially with baby only 4 weeks away from expected due date. Get well soon and thanks for the vote of confidence
Old Oct 28, 2009, 6:54 AM   #489

Default Resetting waste ink counter on Epson R220

Unfortunately the third party software you refer to does not seem to work unless you have genuine Epson cartridges installed (which I don't) and you get a communications error when you read the EEprom and try to reset it. The software does detect the ink levels etc and you can do other stuff with it but the waste ink resetting bit doesn't work and another thread I read mentioned it was the type of chip in the cartridges - does this sound familiar ? I also read about a sequence of pressing buttons for 10 seconds then switching on and back on again but this seemed to refer to printers with a screen e.g. R300 etc. I am just trying to get the counter reset before the count gets to a point where it stops printing......... !!!! any suggestions ?
ibshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2009, 10:21 AM   #490

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibshaw View Post
Unfortunately the third party software you refer to does not seem to work unless you have genuine Epson cartridges installed (which I don't) and you get a communications error when you read the EEprom and try to reset it. The software does detect the ink levels etc and you can do other stuff with it but the waste ink resetting bit doesn't work and another thread I read mentioned it was the type of chip in the cartridges - does this sound familiar ?
That's news to me... I haven't heard of this problem at all... but that doesn't mean it isn't true... I'd suspect your problem is actually a "general error" rather than a "Service required" one though, based on what you've said.

Quote:
I also read about a sequence of pressing buttons for 10 seconds then switching on and back on again but this seemed to refer to printers with a screen e.g. R300 etc. I am just trying to get the counter reset before the count gets to a point where it stops printing......... !!!! any suggestions ?
That's correct, the R220 won't work with the button reset approach... Best bet is to source a copy of the Epson Adjustment utility and use that... If you still get the communication error then it's likely to be an issue with your USB drivers or your printer is suffering from something more serious.